The Devil Inside

Don’t know if this is old or repost i tried searching…

well done ls1 swap and I’m a very big fan of it.

Taken from super street:

Pictures are fit to my browser/monitor, sorry if yours is smaller.

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/featuredvehicles/sstp_1002_nissan_240sx_s13/32003547+pheader_460x1000/sstp_1002_01_o+nissan_240sx_s13+front_view.jpg

Nissan 240SX S13 - The Devil Inside
Chicago Continues To Put It Down
February, 2010
By Charles Trieu
Photography by Sean Klingelhoefer

I’m not going to lie; I’m not fan of doing cross-manufacturer engine swaps in cars. I’m one of those stubborn purists. But on the other hand, I’m a gearhead. Power and performance definitely sway me. You can’t even compare a 350hp naturally-aspirated V8 to something like a 350hp turbo motor. But what about the added weight and adverse handling effects? The all-aluminum LS1 weighs less and even sits lower than the SR or KA.

Matthew Youkhana has built several cars before this. Along with many Hondas, VWs and Audis, this is his third 240SX. Like many people that have owned an S14, he went back to the S13. I’ve seen plenty of people who have owned an S13, sold it, got an S14 and then sold it just buy another S13. There is definitely a mysterious attraction for the S13 chassis. Possibly the most commonly modified car, globally of all time. So popular that Nissan continued production in conjunction with the S14 until 1998.

Matthew admits his obsession, “out of all the cars I have had in the past years, this is the only one I have kept for longer than a year. It was the biggest pain in the ass, and I never get bored of it.”

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/32003553/sstp_1002_03_o+nissan_240sx_s13+front_side_view.jpg

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/32003550/sstp_1002_02_o+nissan_240sx_s13+rear_view.jpg

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/32003559/sstp_1002_05_o+nissan_240sx_s13+ls1_engine_bay.jpg

Almost five years ago when Matthew purchased the car his plan was simple, build an overall streetcar. And like most other S13 owners, he did the typical SR20DET swap with a GT2871R turbo upgrade. But when he got further into his build, “nothing on the motor was left stock, except for maybe the valve cover bolts”. The day came when two friends decided to race him, one with a Yamaha R6 and the other with a Ducati 748. Chicago highways soon turned into a psuedo Wangan expressway. They went head to head for three races. The first two, the S13 simply walked away from the two bikes. But on the third run a main bearing on the SR20DET decided to give out, and sent the car to a 100mph coast.

Instead of giving up, or just rebuilding what he had already done and tried, Matthew tried to step up the level of craziness by adding a LS1 engine. “I chose to go the road less traveled, and experiment with nothing to go on”, he tells us. Back when he did this swap there wasn’t as much support as there is now. Wiring, motor mounts, headers and all were custom-made at MPH Motorsports for the conversion. When all was said and done the project literally brought tears to Matthew’s eyes.

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/32003568/sstp_1002_08_o+nissan_240sx_s13+engine_bay.jpg

“The way I have my exhaust routed, the fumes get picked up and carried inside the car on a non-windy day and it burns the shit out of your eyes… it’s beautiful.”

If you’ve ever actually witnessed something like this on the street, it’s confusing. You hear a Corvette coming yet you see a 240SX coming at you. Like a magic show, you can’t believe your eyes.

“I love the reaction from people’s faces when I pull up to a light with the V8 rumble. I will never forget the hell that it has put me through, and that’s why I don’t think I could ever sell it.”

Aside from the engine, the exterior was also executed differently from most other S13 cars. Instead of the typical FRP quarter panels and wide fenders, a set of ZG fender flares were chosen to cover the low offset wheels. And rather than covering the car in glitter and metallic like a drift car, this particular S13 got an old school two-tone look, Championship White on top and solid black on the bottom. We’ve all seen a lot of 240SX cars built. There are plenty of cars that look good and there are tons of other that mimic those. Every once in a while do we get to see someone do something different at the same time do it without any compromise to style or performance.

Nissan 240SX S13

Owner Matthew Youkhana
Hometown Chicago, IL
Occupation Truck Driver

Engine 2001 Chevrolet engine LS1 swap; LS2 intake; LS6 cam; custom headers, ported 90 mm throttle-body, intake and heads; custom intake; 2.5" dual exhaust

Drivetrain CC Stage 2 clutch; 11 lb flywheel; R200 diff with a 4.09 FD; Hurst short throw shifter

Engine management Z06 tune

Footwork & Chassis Stance GR+ coilovers; solid aluminum subframe bushings; Nismo power brace and control arms; Cusco strut tower bars; Megan tie rods; custom tube frame frontend

Brakes Hawk drilled rotors and pads; stainless steel brake lines

Rims & Tires Work XD9 rims 17x9" +17 (front) and 18x10" +18 (rear); Pirelli Corsa R; Ichiba 25mm spacers all around; Kics Project lug nuts

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/32003571/sstp_1002_09_o+nissan_240sx_s13+pedobear.jpg

Exterior Championship White/Infinity Black paint; Version Select IV kit; Origin “Sexy Style” hood, rear window lip, rear trunk lip; ZG flares; custom front rear tow hooks

Interior Nardi 330mm steering wheel; JIC Magic reclining seat; Cusco seat rail; NRG 4-point harness; Autopower 6-point cage

Audio Eclipse CDA3000 headunit; MB quart speakers

Thank Yous Big thanks to MPHmotorsports for putting up with all my shit in the last 4 years or so; Riskydevil.com, Illphoto.blogspot.com, T2films.blogspot.com, TougeFactory.com, One6motorsports.com, and Kevin S. for all his help.

WWW autopowerindustries.com, jic-magic.com, mphmotorsports-skokie.com, nardi-personal.com, nrginnovations.com, one6motorsports.com, riskydevil.com, stance-usa.com, t2films.blogspot.com, tougefactory.com, workwheelsusa.com

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/32003556/sstp_1002_04_o+nissan_240sx_s13+work_xd9_wheel.jpg

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/32003565/sstp_1002_06_o+nissan_240sx_s13+interior.jpg

nice i posted pics of this car a few months back and how big is your monitior shit im on a 46 inch plasma and pics are still to big lol

Ha-ha was waiting for that, 52" smart board baby

now that is an S13!!! No ricey fan boy faggot shit.

That is sweet

Yeah i thought so too, can anyone actually confirm ls1’s weigh less then ka’s/sr’s?

Confirm…as in. Pictures of long blocks on scales? Doubt it.

But I seriously doubt a LS series is lighter than a damn KA or SR.

KA is heavier am I right?

How does the shifter sit in those swapped cars? It looks a bit strange; I am not sure if I would really want a short throw on something like that. Anyway, I was checking the car out last weekend during a Chapter’s run. I really liked the way the car looked overall, the only things I’d probably end up changing would be the brakes, 5 lug, short throw, and tails to the red oneswithout orange.

i think the LS1 weighs just as much as the rb25det, LS1 is like 620-650lbs with tranny obviously.

not a huge fan of the coupes, but that thing is sick

Seen this awhile back from when it had bronze XD9’s, fucking love this thing.

+1 again for those crazy chi town fuckers

That car is gorgeous, I love everything about it.
Oh, and what kinda pansy 46 and 52" screens do you have? I can see everything just fine on my 15.4" laptop screen. 1920x1200 ftmfw!

Anyone who is convinced the LS is lighter than KA/SR has be officially e-bitch punched for being a retard ( say it like they do in The Hangover)…

Tranny is heavy as fuck. (Never seen confirmation but I heard150- 175lbs)
Big ass crank shaft that seats 8. 2x as many pistons ans con-rods… And not mention the cast exhausts… Again 2x
I’ve seen a fully dressed LS1 on a scale. Along with a fully dressed SR, KA, and VQ… And
a LS2 vs. LQ9…

The KA, SR, and VQ are all within 6lbs of each other.
GM lists the weight of an LS1 at 425lbs (I believe. Its 5lbs shy of the UPS shipping limit or something like that.)
But its not fully dressed… Its missing a lot.

looks like the coupler to the intake has a rip!

other then that i like! LOL!

I hate coupes but that looks pretty good…

I love this thing. I love coupes :slight_smile: wish I had one

the extra 100 pounds is worth the extra 100 hp haha

^lol I know…
This is why I have one. The extra weight won’t even be noticeable with it’s making so much jam.

I’m just trying to, yet again, clear up the whole weight misconception that 99% of 240 owners have.

the car looks amazing! proper V8 power, haha thanks for the nice resolution wallpapers! perfectt for my 23" monitor :wink:

I like the look of the car, and of coarse the V8. It looks good in the pics, but there is a reason they didn’t go full color. That car is thrown together and cheaply sprayed. I think he could have done a bit of a cleaner job… especially since he’s supposedly trying to stay away from that “ratty drift bomb” look. Look at the interior pics… he doesn’t even have the screws in the sill plates (let alone vacuumed for the shoot), and the panels don’t line up at all.

6/10 (would be 7/10 but he looses a point for the “fan boy” silvia tail garnish)

i hate ls in any japanese car. ls belongs in chevy or gm trucks.