LS1 in a 240sx?

I have been working at a Gm dealership for 7 years…never fixed a ls1 engine other than once but it was driver error completely. Also the dealership I work at does all corvettes around the area.

[QUOTE=S13counterpart;352131]If you put the right wheels and tires on it. You’ll have no problems gaining traction. And if you don’t mash on the throttle everytime you touch it. you won’t have any problems.

^^ Yes biger and better tires will help, but you have to remeber the s13/s14 are lighter it will not take much for the rear end to come out on you.

On the contrary(SP?). A lot of things are being moved to the rear to try and balance out the weight. I’m tyring to get as close to a 50/50 before the corner weighting happens… And quite possibly a Ford 9’’ rear. Depending on their dimensions. And I will still be DD’ing the car through summer.

Oh god, you just insulted GM fans everywhere.

Fox Bodies =/= F-bodies.
Mustangs =/= Camaros/Trans Ams.

I’ve never ever heard of the LS1 having anything but very high levels of reliability, especially given the amount of power.

The reason the Camaro’s LS1 has less power than the Corvette’s LS1 is mainly because of the restrictive exhaust they tacked onto it. The corvette has a true dual system. Also, many owners have put their Z28s on a dyno and obtained Corvette numbers, so there is a theory that GM underrated the HP numbers of the F-bodies to keep the Corvette as the flagship car.

Exactly, the LS1’s are one of the best short-block V8’s out there! so much potential and in many cases they’re cheaper to get more power out of them than many other engine types in general.

American’s make the best V8’s PERIOD.

Yes, I didn’t realize I said that until now. lol. I had mustangs on my mind.

I never said the LSx WASN’T reliable. I just said they’re not as super realiable as everyone thinks.

From what I’ve been told by the mechanic at the dealerships here. Is that the extra power comes from the ECU.
And it was for that exact reason they do it. Vette’s are their flagship car.

“Who is the guy that tracks an LS v8 on here? I just heard a glimpse of him putting one together, and not sorting out the suspension if i recall and thats it.”

Hi Guys,

I am the one with a LS1 swap currently in my car…this was the 2nd year racing it on the track…I got a full season this year with no failures. So it was very reliable and bone stock… Am able to do mid 12’s with this stock motor (305hp version)so its very quick… top speed at mosport is 251kph which is smoking on the back straight…the swap shifted the weight split by 2% to the front, however I was able to sort out the handling issue by using a front splitter to keep the cars nose to the ground… best at mosport at the start of the season was a 1:34…however the car has 1:30’s in it for sure once i get all the bugs sorted out…the car weighs out at 2894lbs fully wet, and full glass, passenger seat, heating system…and massive 275’s up front and 315’s in the rear

The swap is not that easy to do, and not cheap however it blows a KA or SR away…and is very reliable…and you can do crazy bolt on power adders to these engines…

I did all my parts new …the swap was about 10k in parts…not including my time to do the swap…I added new diff in rear and new rims and tires to keep traction as well…used speartech harness , and hinson header and engine mounts and tranny mounts. you need GTO oil pan, and modified crossmember plus custom driveshaft…

I would rate this swap as a 8/10 in difficulty level…my old turbo setup was more complicated as a whole to install and setup than this LS1 setup

if you do the swap…get a aftermarket powersteering pump that is underdriven…cause it foams up at high RPM

overall impressions…

its friggen quick straight line…and just pulls and pulls…and this is at its lowest power level…add a cam and LS6 heads and your at 405hp…

the torque makes it easy to drive…and no turbo lag…it will spin in 3 gears no problem…and once i got the front splitter the car is handling is much better and very driveable… to beat it you have to be packing some serious power in a straight line…it was posting the top 3 fastest times in our solo 1 series at most of the events…

Adam

also…the extra power comes from the cams and heads…

Yay :smiley: Sounds really awesome man! Do you got msn? :smiley:

Got pix of the project? Build? Etc… Track videos?

Sounds really awesome :slight_smile:

a few pics of the car on the track this year and some pics of the engine swap…

no videos…it looks exactly like a regular s13 except when you open the hood a Ls1 is stuffed up front :slight_smile:

it was 100% the way to go for racing…since the engine is not stressed out

adam…your right and wrong. there is only 1 camshaft. which is the same.

the only difference between a 350 in an f-body to a vette. has been for decades and probably will still be (new gen motor of course) is the heads. and maybe MAYBE the fuel mapping.

my dad had a 87 z-28 5.7 fuelie. he swapped corvette aluminum heads. bang. you have a fuckin corvette.

s13counterpart

if you do not know shit about a USDM vehicle keep your mouth the fuck shut. 90% of you people talk numbers like you know what the fuck they mean. it sickens me. i can spend all day on the net as well and seem S-M-A-R-T. yet in reality. i’m not. i’m learning the import scene now. don’t see me talkin shit about anything i do NOT know bout.

if the sbc’s were not “reliable” why the fuck did they use the EXACT same design for years upon years?
never had over 350 out of the box? if i knew you i would punch you out… stfu noob

edit: i say USDM because all you JDM fan boys jumpin on the fuckin band wagon don’t know the difference between Domestic and imports.

Dude, wtf are you talkin about? Tell me how I don’t shit about USDM vehicles? Please do. I mistakingly wrote fox-bodies. and I was wrong about the extra power coming from the ECU… So wtf are you talking about?

The ls1’s never made more than 350hp from the factory in North America.
97-02 F-bodies made 305 hp
97-04 vettes made 350
OTHER LS models have made way more than 350 from the factory. But I’m talking about LS1’s douche.

And for f**k sakes I NEVER said the LS1’s were NOT reliable. I just said they aren’t as reliable as everyone thinks. Everyone seems to think they are indestructable. But, that doesn’t mean I’m saying they’re not reliable.

lol, a ‘fuckin corvette’ minus the leaf spring suspension. =D

As to your comments directed at another member on the board, be civil. One more outburst and you’re banned for 3 days.

lol the son love

this site never ceases to amaze me. if it gets you internet ego up a notch. ban me! life will not come to a halting stop. as well i love how i can get smashed…but the other guys on here…well now. sorry that my post count is not a million more than it should be yet i have a life.

not pointing fingers here but fobwall is constantly throwing shots and talkin shit. what happens to him? nadda thing.

ban for 3 days? if it makes you happy. go right ahead. proove your point…whatever it may be.

[quote=roast;352382]lol, a ‘fuckin corvette’ minus the leaf spring suspension. =D

now is that not throwing a shot at someone? i believe we were discussin engines? hmm. read my friend. read

why do 74 of the 76 posts before this one contain absolute rubbish?

Make that 76 of 78. (Including this post)

in before the lock? Sad day in LS son240 history :-/ At least I got to contact adam and see his car, totally awesome man… totally worthwhile investing in especially with his positive feedback :smiley: Cmon cmon… … … ibtl :stuck_out_tongue: viva son240 woooo.

Or… maybe we can salvage this thread… by posting LS swapped 240s?.. how about it?..

I love the sound of this LS swapped S14… totally sex: