new guy, couple questions

hey all new here, hopfully getting my first 240sx (s14) soon… after owning 4 civics it should be a nice change haha. anyway ill get right down to the point.

Ive done so much searching and cant get a solid answer on one question i have. (most ppl on here will probably trash this) LS1 into a s14 240sx. everything i find on google is either 4 yrs old or not what im looking for.

How much (around) would it cost for a SHOP to put a ls1 into a 240sx. Ive read once the motor is in there its amazing… 350hp on a STOCK motor should be VERY reliable. i just cant seem to find out how much it costs to get the thing in there and running…

If anyone has any links… or just a straight up answer, that would be awesome

thx in advance.

Welcome!

I have found this for you:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9064502&postcount=9

and this interesting site:

http://www.daftinnovations.com/

the motor is relatively cheap its the fab etc…most shops will want to do a lot of re-inforcing to releave their concience about safety.

running a V8 in a 4cyl car will almost totally mean you will be getting pulled over and having your car seized…in ontario streets this is pretty much a slim likelyhood but if you get a loud exhaust your goona be caught real fast.

you will then be e tested and checked for safety violations

you will fai both as the kinds of chassis mods required to make the motor not pretzel your frame are illegal…

there is no way you can get a V8 to pass 4 cyl emissions standards or even get close to the permitted allowance for “performance modified” as they are an allowance over factory…you will be minimum double which is already more than you are alotted with the “performance modified” allowance.
(at least I’m pretty sure you can only go about 30% HIGHER than OE #'s)

Chassis MODS
the front subframe will need to be reinforced with the triangular braces available on ebay (at least) ****ILLEGAL MODIFICATION

Strut tower bar (custom)
If your car didn’t come with a strut tower bar from the factory the addition of one is an ILLEGAL MODIFICATION

Wheel arch bracing.

This is considdered a form of roll cage, some cages are legal but if you notice the legal cages have no bracing for the lower front half of the chassis.
this would include from strut tower to frame rail in either direction.
(not a required mod but a vast improvement)
ILLEGAL MODIFICATION

AS YOIU CAN SEE THE LIKELYHOOD OF GETTING AWAY WITH THE SWAP FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IS… SLIM TO NONE (GUYS??)

especially with the cops gunning for anything with a sticker on it… I dont think its a good Idea…

lets see what others have to say first…my opinion is only that…an opinion.