What do ls1/ls6's go for? (may I go 240z?)

Just a crazy thought. I have plans to sell my m3 and 328i and buy a 4 door m3.

but in my mind’s ramblings, I can’t help but dwell on the fact that my dad has a '72 240z, sitting in primer with an uncracked dash, 45k original miles, that he would let me have for 1k.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Coldaccord/IMG_0193.jpg

original color is lime green. which I think is SO FUCKING COOL. Everyone in the datsun crowd despises this color, but I fucking love it. jams and bay are still original color, and though dirty the paint is in darn nice shape

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Coldaccord/IMG_0194.jpg

maaaybe I could get a little project going on since I have all this free time lately.

if I were to seriously kick around this idea; I just can’t do an rb26. I don’t have the money right now. I would only have like $5k to play with after the cost of the car, and that needs to include paint, (I’d paint it myself) motor, suspension and brakes.

I’d have to decide between 2.8 turbo fi, or ls1 (or ls6. that’s the c5 vette motor, correct? what are the differences). ls1/6 have an aluminum block, correct? what is the weight of the motor? what about the manual trans (t56 it’s called, right)?

I’ve been checking prices of ls1/ls6’s on ebay to no avail. Even completed listings doesn’t really yield me any results. What do these motors go for? specs? same with the ls6 plz

again, just rambling. I still may just only do an m3 sedan. I just think a lime green 240z would be sick, and even moreso with a fucking ls1. what y’all think?

depends on mileage but they can be had for 3-5k with transmission. some even cheaper.

I say go with an l28et if you can find one. Very simple and easy

swap and you’ll have a lot more money to spend on other things since they’re

relatively cheap. I remember seeing a 280zxt parts car on CL a month or so

ago for 500$ which would give you everything you need for the swap

including an r200 diff and the larger cv shafts.

true. they just bother me so fucking much, they are so ugly with all these vacuum lines and hoses

![http://i.ebayimg.com/09/!BU4(MuQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlu15ZBKPuL8O,nw~~_1.JPG](http://i.ebayimg.com/09/!BU4(MuQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlu15ZBKPuL8O,nw~~_1.JPG)

however that would allow me to do that and rb26 when I get some coin

That lime green color is fucking awesome. I love it.

LSx engines go into everything for a reason, can’t go wrong there.

Would doing another Nissan engine allow for an easier swap(say SR20) when the time comes to do the RB you want?

Overall plans for the car? Everyday driver, drag monster, auto-X, road courses?

You can probably find a Gen III LS based truck motor for pretty cheap, like a 5.3. A lot of guys with that motor in their trucks do turbos and make sick amounts of power.

Thats kind of my plan as well, either go rb or build an l30 out of the spare n42 block i have laying around. Just get an n42 intake and a pallnet fuel rail and no more mess under the hood.

Putting aside that the lsx motors were built by the hands of god, if you wanted to make some descent power cheaply you could just stick with a ford 5.0 You can pick those up cheaply which would give you money to spend else where. Then when time or money allowed it, turbo that or something. lol

car-part.com

axisz, that is a darn good idea my friend. maybe even enough to make me go l28et.

does that setup necessitate a remote mount brake booster?

fuck. this idea is sounding better and better. I love my e36, it’s so comfy and luxurious. I would not mind at all keeping it, and having a fucking fast as hell 240z as well (when the z mag did the project they got the car well into the 11’s on an l28et, stock internals, for under 5k including cost of car).

MY DAD JUST GAVE ME THE CAR! I can’t believe it. I’ve been trying to convince him via text. and he just gave it to me. I’m in. I’m back. this is happening.

YES!

Agreed and you can get them for ~2k.

Plenty of potential…

I want to go L28et. cheap, and staying in the nissan family. That way I can afford so many other things I want for the car.

Congrats! I talked to this owner a while back and I think he said it cost around $5k to do the swap but was well worth it.

that’s david palermo. My dad and I have known him for 15 or so years.

He bought my old 72 240z last september

good luck with the project, let me know if you have any Q on LS1 stuff.

Ya daveP car is nice, hes had it for a few years now Ive been seeing it at newera. Nick made a sweet stainless exhaust for it this year. I remember back when it was just ported TB, a intake, and mike tuned it. It put down like 340whp something descent like that, and the car weights 2600 I think?
His buddy clive is doing a LS1 240 swap too.

why not just a regular sbc?

if the L28 in my 280 ever gives me major problems (which at 62k miles i don’t see in the near future) i’ll probably just drop in a vortec 350 with a centrifugal s/c on it.

Putting an iron block v8 in one of these cars is stupid. The car is so light the weight of a iron block over the front end has to be detrimental to the over all handling of the car.

Dave P’s. car with the ls1 in it is absolutely amazing.

LS1’s fit so well

how could you not want this! :frowning: