LS1/LS6 MAF sensor

Long story short, I accidently hit my damn finger on my MAF sensor coil thingy and bent it pretty bad, I straightened it out and my car is idling like complete ass. Does anyone have one laying around or any way I could just meet up with someone and swap them real quick to see if thats 100% the issue before I buy one?

The MAF sensor applies power (watts) to the coil to maintain it at an elevated temperature. Therefore the resistance of the element is extremely precise. if you bend it, you will stretch out a small area of it which will create a bottleneck for the flow of current, and the calibration will be WAY off.

The air has a specific heat capacity, so the airflow cools the wire removing heat, which the MAF compensates for with more power. The MAF correlates the mass flow of air with power.

I can assure you if you disturbed the wire or film in any way its all sorts of screwed up.

Sorry.

you could probably strap mine on there to check it drew. but im guessing yours is fucked.

yah I know I screwed it up pretty bad. I hit it so hard I actually cut my finger open on it.

The car has been idling high on hot starts, starting hard on cold starts etc…didnt do any of this until I hit the damn coil.

it takes nearly 5 minutes.

where do you live??

rotterdam

Since you have a Chevy you should be able to back probe the MAF with a multimeter. Since the MAF is sensitive at idle and not sensitive at high flows your voltage should be very close to the published value at your rpm.

You check a GM MAF for DC voltage.

You check a Ford MAF for frequency.

cars fixed.

No need for a new MAF