LSx-based shops/vendors

Tell him he needs to have another winter party!

j&j

History… I too have had no problems with Jay, whenever i need anything he takes care of me.

BYUNSPEED:amazing prices, very poor shipping schedule
K+S Auto:will match Summit prices for anything (LSx too) but again, shipping took a while
AD Performance: amazing prices also, no complaints
Summit Racing: Good prices, pretty quick shipping (1-2 days max)
Jegs: Good prices, pretty quick shipping (1-2 days max)
PM Performance: hooks me up huge! Dana60 FTW! Soon to be getting a Chromoly cage!
New Era: haven’t bought anything, but checked out the shop and it is first class! They are growing more nad more into a well-known national shop.

Why bring J&J into the drama? LZ didn’t mention him. :tdown: Nice job trying to shovel shit on someone

Any time! You still let him log on and post with your account?

That’s funny…someone mentions something about PM, and suddenly LZ comes out with “I wouldn’t go there” yet all you guys say “Go to J&J” and I post up with “Hrmm he’s banned here” and you get upset…why?

He really did say i wouldn’t go there for LS based stuff. Neither would I. You want LT1/bbc go to Paul. You want LS based motors deal with JnJ or New Era.

+1

My local LSx experience.

PM performance in Buffalo. They do good race/street car chassis work, and built some of the fastest stock motor LT1 cars that I know of. I was going to have paul make a rollbar for my car. But I was happy with the wolfe pre made roll bars, and have someone here in rochester to TIG weld it for me so it was easier. They also have great prices on some other parts I’ve bought form them. I bought my Strange S60 complete bolt in rearend from them. The price was VERY good, I also had a problem with a part defective from the manufacture. Paul is a legit dealer for strange, so he just had to call them about it, and had strange have them picked up the parts. And ship me new parts, with doing a little extra work on them that is a upgraded option for free. And send the new parts right to me in Rochester a few days later. I didn’t have to call anyone myself, find my paper work or anything like that, or pay for shipping. I also bought some shocks from Paul for less then anywhere else.

New Era in Rochester: Mike has great shop with lifts, many LSx specific tools, the dyno, licensed HPtuners for just about every 97+ GM performance vehicle, and new mustang, and mopar stuff. He has tuned my camaro on there dyno, since it was stock. Last year it was a big “cam only” setup with a New Era street sweeper cam that runs great. It went faster then any cam only local LS1 (even some boosted ones). I’ve driven it 2,000+ miles to the midwest, and to the store in 30* weather last fall. The car runs very good, he tunes LSX cars everyday. I do a lot of work myself, and used to work there. But he also ported my TB, did my injector cleaning. And they did my gear install. They work on a lot of LS1 cars since 2000 I believe, and the newer gen4 cars LS2 LS3,L76 ,LS7 stuff. So he knows what parts really work, and what has made what power on the dyno, and track improvements, from the hundreds of LSx customers. And what parts are not so good, and just marketed hype BS. Also how build a whole car, and the overall setup matching. Mike is a great tuner, dose good work, and takes care of his customers. Check around and you will see the same from a lot of people.

Since Joelster is a moron…but whats new…

PM hasn’t put out any LSx stuff…why would you take an LSx car to an LT1/SBC shop?? Their LT1 work has been sub par.

Locally J&J and Newera would be the best choices of LSx

Beyond that Mike from innovative made a comment about PM performance not being able to post on here with out getting shit…If enough people on here think they are a bad shop and they can’t get away with posting on here…maybe that means something?

Other shops have had small issues…people posted and the shops acted in a responsible and professional manner and resolved any issues.

Edit: Texas Speed & Performance great shop…Great people :tup:

Coming from a baller IT guy that lives with mommy and drives a POS Jeep. The story of your life is all talk no action. You can never back up anything you say with firsthand experience, you are all hearsay.

God this cracks me up, LMAO.LOL, that YOU know of. You think you are so connected with the “scene”. The car “scene” around here is a hell of a lot bigger than nyspeed, contrary to popular belief. I stopped in there 2 weeks ago and there were no less than 3 LSx cars in there and at least 5-6 engines. There also happened to be 3 specific cars (non-LSx) in there that would kick the fuck out of anything on here short of BIGHANDS, and their owners would gladly race you on the street for a small fee (1K+ is how they roll). Go to ANY car show with more than 100 cars and i’d bet that fewer than 5% have ever even heard of nyspeed. Even less if you go to the drags. Sadly, the only car arena you know about revolves around this website, so your judgement is a little clouded.

New ERA ALL THE WAY! You can actually find them on mapquest!

Texas Speed had a stellar reputation.

Lives at home? Nope

POS Jeep? Sadly No

You work for UPS or FedEx :mamoru: or some other waste of life job…

Here any track times from a PM performance LSx powered car? They have a bunch of unfinished torn apart LS1 cars woooo congrats :tup:

newera has track times…
J&J has track times…

oh wait PM performance doesn’t have shit for LSx

What have they done? How about the LS1 they ran with no oil pressure? Fucked up a gear install?

This was a nice civil thread until you posted.

Take POS SBCs/LT1s there…

The bloods and the crips of nyspeed

F bod homo’s ftw
(excuse me while i do my job and try to help out a fellow car guy)
OP: Be careful who you deal with. I would not hire anyone out that is not a legit shop. Most of the folks mentioned have great rep’s i even know a few personally and seam to be good folks, but most of them are not “Legal Registered Automotive Shops”. In other words they have no requirements to carry Garageman’s liability Insurance and there is NO recourse if you have a problem. Real Shops do things Legit like- Register with state, carry insurance, give out receipts, etc… I am not bad mouthing anyone mentioned. But lets say for examble your car gets dropped off the lift. There’s not a whole lot you can do about it, except go to small claims etc… and you would win a judgement but it would not be enforceable(to get any money). So when you go to these so called shops look for a green registered repair shop sign with a number on it.
If you deal with a real shop there are people that can help you if there is a problem. It also shows the customers that they give a shit about doing things the right way.
OK end/rant i just hate to see people get screwed by unregistered shops

Well are race car, engine & machine shops required to be registered with the NYDMV?

You always talk so highly of “legit registered repair shops.” I would say that is a double edged sword right there. Really who would you personally trust more putting a camshaft in your LS1 vehicle? Someone who does only that type of work or someone who just put pads & rotors on a Honda Civic. Maybe the “legit registered repair shop” doesn’t know how to put the oil pump back on correctly. Maybe the “legit registered repair shop” is a large national chain store that employs 18-20 year olds that only know how to change oil and do brake jobs. Would you go to Midas, Monro, Goodyear, Firestone, etc to have a cam swap done on your Corvette or have the throttle body or intake ported? How about a turbo/supercharger or nitrous oxide system install? My guess is most of these “legit registered repair shops” that are smart would not take on work like this because they are NOT qualified to do this type of work. The “legit registered repair shops” that would take on this type of work would most likely screw it up.

Also in the past I have seen you recommending “unregistered” automotive performance shops to other board members. Should you be doing this?

instead of arguing over midas trying to port heads and doing machine work, wouldnt it just be easier for “unregistered” shops to just get registered and insured?

i only trust shops that have a good reputation, so far i havent had anything fucked up at all from any of them. But i only listen to people who have first hand experience with a shop or person. Or even a product, if you have no experience with something, shut the fuck up. this goes back to the heads thread for kuntryquest or whoever it was.

its really sad that every single thread gets turned into a shitfest due to people going with heresay, what they read on a fucking website and talking out of their ass with no first hand experience whatsoever.

Well why should a shop that doesn’t do REPAIR work be registered?

You are preaching to the choir my friend, but you are 100% correct

if you’re not a personal friend of an owner of a shop, and theyre not carrying insurance incase something does go wrong, the customer is SOL

talking on higher end jobs, im sure if something is inexpensive they will work to rectify the situation

Oh here we go again. I would like to see these lsx cars compng out of p performance

or these cars that would kick the fuck out of anything on here short of bighands…are the cars in question street cars or race cars?