LSx-based shops/vendors

Do you realize I don’t care?

This is Buffalo…Not Texas…Not Chicago…Not Atlanta…OMGZ there is a small group of people who street race for cash in the city…with slim and that whole crew…yay! When I lived in Texas I would go watch 5k+ street races…that had a huge scene…this is BUFFALO…no one fucking cares…

You talk all this shit towards me and you work some dead end job and own 2 4k LT1 cars congrats :tup:

Maybe when im as old as you I can reach all your great achievements :tup:

I have no issues debating facts about cars and shops…You keep making personal jabs since you have nothing legitimate to back up any of your comments.

Neweras street sweeper is a great cam :tup:I think its like a 228/232

I have friends who did quite well with the thunder racing TReX…

It all depends on the drive ability you want…and who tunes it

Is this a street car? track car? street hero car?

Yes, just last weekend I watched two <9 second street vettes race on the street for ~7K!! :fry:

I’d say you run a “larger” cam, mine is in the 232/236 range and it easily street driven. Add in a set of ported 5.3L truck heads shaved down a little, and a LS6 intake with ported t/b and you should have an easy 425 wheel. With any LSx cam I’d also recommend a double roller timing chain, comp 921 double springs, and some custom length push rods. (Possibly buy some Zo6 injectors or injectors from a 97/98 car, I believe they have a higher flow.) Then you could also add a 100-200 shot onto it until your bottom end gives out! :slight_smile:

'98 has 28 lb, '99-'00 has 26 lb, and '01-'02 has 28 lb.

:slight_smile:

I don’t know exactly what my car had in it, you would have to ask Jason but I had a great experience with JnJ. My SS is now owned by someone else but Jason did every mod that has ever seen and it was done perfectly. Cam/valvetrain/timing chain, Moser 12 bolt, suspension, brakes, Spec clutch… everything went through him. Everyone talks crap about him but I had a great experience and I recommend him to everyone. Jason: jason@jandjspeedshop.com, 716-830-0506 is the phone number

I also took my car to a few tracks days and it never missed a beat, ran like a dream.

Here is a video of my cam:

That small group of people spend A LOT of cash. More-so than the nyspeed “car for sale” humpers like yourself that say things like, “OMG, dude if this is around in the spring…”. I didn’t post about those guys to brag about how much they spend on a street race. I posted about them because they are legitimate customers, who actually mod their cars at the drop of a hat, unlike all of the wannabe’s like you who need to suck people off for favors (tranny tune x4), and beg and borrow for hand-me-down parts and labor. They are ANY shops dream customer. They have large budgets and they spend accordingly.

I love my job! Not too many companies that have been around for over 100 years. I think we’ll around for a while too. You won’t see me downsized ever, and in this day and age, that’s worth something.

I’m 36, have a house, 3 cars, no kids, 2 pensions when I retire (tops 20 years, UPS 30 years), a small 401k that I just started (so sue me), and I do what I want when I want. I think i’m doing just fine.

Nothing legitimate? I have a lot of first hand experience with mr jnj. That’s who my issue is with. Some guys want the OP to go to him for parts and whatnot, i’m saying he’s a piece of shit. I’ve posted that shit countless times. Ask him (jnj) about the letter he wrote to the dmv in my name. I told the whole story to his district manager (who doesn’t seem to like him very much BTW), and he got HEATED, lol! I still have my ace in the hole too, something about a ------- in the -------- of his store. I’ll need a witness for that, but I think I have it, lol. The witness doesn’t like him at all either.

Super? They still suck and have done a lot of hack work…

One of my friends aka Chuck tuned my car not JnJ…Are you still mad because you wasted all that money on your POS to run .3-.4? faster then me? with slicks/skinnys/heads/cam/th350/huge stall :lol:

Congrats? IT job market isn’t going anywhere…

36? I hope by the time im 36 im not sitting on here talking shit to 25 year olds who make more then me…

Congrats? PM performance still sucks

This whole debate was about LS1 work they have done…

You realize you turned this into a PM performance hate fest…I made small comments about not taking LS1 cars to them…and you start all this BS…

So please remember that red formula they did a cam/oil pump…then fired it up and revved on it for a while with no oil pressure???

If you’ve got an LS1, Jason will put you right to the front as far as working on it. He could be in the middle of building some “Off brand” motor such as a Ford, and as soon as an LS1 car comes to the shop, he’ll stop with that POS Ford and work on the LS1.

He did that For Daves cam, Jims rearend, and Chucks transmission. If you have an LS1 I HIGHLY recommend Jason as well.

LMAO! Nope, not mad at all. I didn’t waste any money, I love my car and I plan to keep it a long time, AND IT KICKED YOUR FUCKING ASS by .5 in the quarter on a hot day :lol: That’s about 12-15 car lengths or 4-5 buses. RAN THE FUCKING TRAIN ON YOUR ASS:lol:

Are you still mad that you got wasted by an inferior LT1? That HAS GOT to sting, LMAO! Story of your life.

Doesn’t mean you can’t be outsourced. There’s always some fresh out of school college kid wanting his foot in the door. White collar jobs get cut and outsourced all the time.

I can do a lot more than just “talk” shit, unlike 140lb freckled self. You think you make more than me. You have no proof. You live with your mommy and drive a fucking used POS Jeep.

You moved to DC for this “baller” job and you couldn’t fucking handle it. You ran home with your tail between your legs crying mommy.

Once again YOU ARE ALL TALK ZERO ACTION.

You rub elbows with people that make money, and somehow that has you delusional.

So on topic. Homer you would be doing the work yourself? Either way I would say talk to jandj I recently heard what he did for a forum member. Jason really went out of his way to help him out. Now I am the first to tell you jandj can be an asshole.His work and his prices speak for themselves. I am pretty sure he is a distributor for a lot of manufacturers. New era is a great set of guys also. Both those guys are mainly lsx shops. That is really where you wanna go. They know what works. The bickering in this thread is absolutely not needed.

:lol:

Your car is still a POS…still runs terrible times for the money/mods…

I know you have a limited understanding of the business world outside of delivering boxes…but what I do doesn’t get outsourced and doesn’t get replaced by people out of college.

165lb :lol: sorry

My pos jeep is worth more then both your POS LT1s :lol:

I don’t live at home…

Actually I still have a baller job here :slight_smile:

You’re hardly in any position to talk shit to me…The highlights of your career are tops and fedex…You own two 20 year old POS LT1s…You’re 10 year older then me :lol:

You still don’t get it do you? You started with all this personal shit…we were discussing where to take LSx cars and shops that have proven results…

You had no legit argument so you brought up SBC cars and people from the hood…

Do you guys have any clue how anoying this is to people who are actually looking for information in these posts…take this shit to PM’s.

If you read my posts I was pointing out facts about LSx shops…and making useful suggestions…other people decide they need to pull personal shit into it :slight_smile:

You WERE doing that, yes…but that was several posts ago and now you’re just instigating and adding fuel to the fire.

Simple solution…Don’t make personal attacks…

THE NEXT PERSON TO GO OT IN GA IS GONNA GET A FEW DAYS VACATION

Like I have been beating to death previously

Find a shop with lots of LSx experience…Locally JnJ, Newera…Not so local Speed Inc, Cartek, Texas Speed, Thunder racing…

I have had a BEYONDbad experience with JnJ. This is FIRST-HAND. It does go beyond the scope of simply ordering parts and serivces but I will post up my parts/services experience. I would not recommend him in any way shape or form. Parts were not delivered as promised. I specifically asked for things done to my valves/heads, and they were not done. I should have gotten EXACTLY what I wanted in writing so we were clear, and I guess that is partly my fault. He was a friend at the time, and it just is sort of odd to have to do that. I specifically asked for Manley valves (street-flo iirc), but he was insistant on Si valves for some reason. I also asked for a backcut on all of my intake valves. I was adamant about THAT. It is not rocket science. It is a simple additional cut on the bacside of the valve which has typically shown 10-15cfm improvement in flow at low to mid lift ranges. I asked for this at least 4 times just so we were clear. He confused “backcut” with “undercut” (stems). He thought they were the same thing. It showed me that he clearly did not have an full understanding. He said he had this “hook up” at Oddy’s that could do the heads. The guys name was Bill (iirc). JnJ told me $500 to cut the valves, seats, and to port the heads, and assemble them. I got my heads back with a generic 2 angle cut on the seats. The valves also had a generic 2 angle cut on them. The “porting”, if you want to call it that, looked like a 1-hour touch up job with a dremel. It was almost as though it was a total rush job, last minute. All of the money I paid was in full, I never owed anything on my parts. I ended up picking all of my stuff up un-assembled. After we parted our ways, he fires back with a “What did you expect for $500?”. His cockiness is rather annoying too. He discredits national level shops as though he can one-up them with ease. I remember chatting with him about the Jegs Engine Masters Challenge a few times, and he laughs as though those motors suck compared to his. Also, there is no actual “shop”. Go on the website and look for yourself. I won’t even begin to discuss the timeline it took for heads to get done. I was in no hurry whatsoever to be honest. He got the hardware (heads/valves)very fast (early/late January iirc). I put the project on the back-burner for a while, but when I made a few calls to him to get the ball rolling about finishing them up (May/June iirc), it honestly took a good 2 months. It would have taken ANY shop less than a few hours to cut the valves and seats, and like I said, it looks like a quicky 1-hour touch up job with a dremel.

That is my FIRST-HAND experience with jnj.

Seems like someone had an issue with outsourcing work to another vendor.

On behalf of NYspeed I apologize for what this thread turned into. I hope you’re able to pull an answer out of this shit fest. As you can see, there is a lot of drama between local f-body guys and shops.