Merry Christmas Me v.Subaru Built Motors

[quote=“MOBOOST4U”"]

So after evaluating all my options I have finally came to my decision as to what will spin my 35r this year (and hopefully the next few, fingers crossed)

I really wanted to just build the ej25 that I already have but my long term goal has a 42r or 45r in it so I have to account for the motor I will need for that. This is what that orignal motor I have will go to.

Only few decisions I have left is what to do with the head and what to do about labor.

Im probably purchasing friday!

[/quote]

Buddy…no way that engine is taking a 42R or 45R. It would take it at low boost, but there’s no point in switching from a 35R to something that huge if you’re not going to really use it. The stock sleeves and semi closed deck design aren’t up to 35+ psi and that kind of cylinder pressure.

Stage 3 is good for the GT35R. I have a customer with a 42R using their stage 5 block that they do feel is up to it.

Also, you’ll have full boost from 4500-8000. That’s a 3500 rpm powerband which is really to stay inside on a road course. I only use 5500-7500 on the strip.