miss matched tire question

I run mismatched all the time and it doesn’t make any difference, car drives like it did when i had all the stock tires on it.

Nitto DR’s aren’t bad in the rain and are a lot more streetable for everyday driving conditions.

But you can’t beat the traction of the BFG DR’s. i love those tires, they hook 100x better than the nittos

why? it’s a toy…toy’s are meant to be enjoyed…i rocked mine all last summer, and plan on it every summer from now on…enjoy it man…

and i dont think that will work…i barely fit 2 tires alone in my hatch…when i took them to get mounted…it was quite the sight, 2 tires next to me on the seat, 2 in the hatch…i didn’t like driving it with zero visibility in my rear mirror and my passenger mirrow…especially since the worst blindspots in the car come from the driver side, which was the only side i had access to a mirror lol

ill have to look into those. i feel like nittos will do fine, espesially since theyre so streetable. i dont need a hardcore DR, just somthing stickier than street.

I was just being a dick because you said you didnt want to rum home and change tires, so i gave you a rediculus option

i did enjoy it a lot last year. i also put a ton of miles on it. ill enjoy it just as much as i need to, but i dont see the need to drive it every single day. id much rather try to keep it under 100k miles for as long as i can. not driving it every day / in poor weather conditions will keep the car looking niceish too. paint chips are starting to rule me. :frowning:

alright this thread came up at just the right time. i currently am running falken azeni’s or whatever thye rae(came on the truck) fairly good street tires… im thinking about getting mickey thompson et’s for the back and just having those in back and the streets up front… will i run into any problems or will all be good?

While I do agree with you, I am parking my Civic from April-Noevmber this year.

Prob. will use the MR2 3-4 times per week, just to keep it moving, and for those fun drives in the country roads.

I will daily drive my Lotus from April to November.

id be worried about the rain too…its not worth wrecking a car when it rains hard just because of tire choice

i bet you’ll regret that after about a week of nice days in the yota. just sayin. i think the most logical thing is run some decent streets on your balla wheels and get the stock TT wheels with DR’s for actual races.

and speak for yourself when you say getting sideways at full boost isn’t fun anymore :biglaugh:

there is a difference between DRs and slicks. The only time DRs are bad in the rain is if they are bald or if you are doing 90mph in the rain. Neither of which are smart to do on street tires either.