more dsm problems.....

so on the ride back from the show about 50 miles from home my clutch pedal starts to feel funny. i.e. feeling spongy at times and then excessivlly easy to depress. at that point no prob getting in and out of gear. untill i get home. will not go into gear now while running. im thinking slave cylinder but i kinda need a good second opinion

pedal pressure still shot?

nope depressed and releases ok

Check under the dash to see if the master is leaking, if it is leaking replace. If you pull the boot back on the slave where the rod is and it is full of clutch fluid then replace it.

thanks gary

if it is the master cylinder i have an extra one laying around …hit me up $20 bux and its yours

there is normally a jam nut/lock nut on the backside of the clutch pedal. Chances are it came loose and your loosing pedal hight. check it out. or maybe you can adjust the pedal up some.

the problem progressivlly got worse. i looked at the master cylinder and its not leaking. im gonna change out the release/slave cylinder. its only $30 if its not ill pick up a master and change that.

Fuck man, if it aint one thing its another :banghead: Let me know what you come up with…

Jeller

should have bought a VW…:lol:

is this still a 7bolt in there? what year? 97-98?

if so, you might be looking at crankwalk… sounds like some of the symptoms…

Hope your engine is OK… I won’t even say the word that DSM’ers are thinking right now.

Rebuild engine from a company that claimed to have solved crankwalking engines. I hope for Tom’s sake that it’s not the issue.

well, the tranny has to come out. after replacing the slave cylinderi saw that there is no pressure pushing back from the fork. i think the pressure plate is screwed up or maybe the throwout bearing came apart. if thats the case DO NOT BUY ACT CLUTCHES!!!

Check that clutch fork. It gave me problems and everything pointed to the clutch until I went through two of them in like 5K miles. The Hybrid crew finally set me straight on that one.

You were complaining about your throwout recently too, sux bro. I will help ya this week/end if you need it.

Jeller

^^^^^ ill take you up on the if you dont mind, like to get it done in a day or 2. mom’s gettin pissed about me borrowin the truck…lol

Put the focus on the road for a month thats all.

Jeller

did you ever find out whats wrong with it?

tranny is out. took a look at the pressure plate and found that all the fingers on the plate seem to be flat and really have no pitch towards the tranny… lutch has about 5k on it. release bearing seems to be really shitty too but still all in one piece. any thoughts or common short term problems with act2100 clutches?
will they warranty something like this-purchased from slowboy racing