more street racing law bs

The problem is, people in Germany can actually drive. People here can’t. There are so many people driving around unattentive as there are, we really don’t need them to go faster, and be just as unnattentive. It seems as soon as people start their car these days, their first instinct is to whip out their cell phone and call someone. I don’t know who these chicks are talking to at 630 am in the morning, but they sure as hell aren’t making driving their #1 priority. If people here actually focused on driving, then sure, raise the speed limit much higher. What we don’t need, is people zipping around at 150 just to get cut off by some broad gossiping on her cell phone, drifting across the lanes without looking or signaling.

Sure, I do sometimes hit 140, or 150. One time I was coming home from Washago, and I hit the speed limiter 3 times on the way home, and made it to the 401 in an hour and 15 minutes. If I got pulled over, I wouldn’t be like “But officer, the lane was open, and other people were going this fast” Whether or not the speed limit was made when cars were crappy, it is still the legal limit. You are obliged to follow it until they change it, or you can risk getting busted.