Motorcycle sub forum

i.e. shrives/KAT/Osiris

wow :picard:

LOL

To be honest it doesn’t matter to me one bit. I rarely visit the motorcycle forums and have no interest partaking in anything with em. I just figured if this place had one a lot more people, myslef included, would use it more often than they do the other boards. I mean, 60+ threads were created since the begining of the year, and this is still the slow season…

Just sayin.

Chiming in to say I would participate in a motorcycle subforum. I think it would be a good idea. A subforum would keep things a little more organized.

In some ways i believe you about it being a cheaper sport than most to get into, but i mean how many bullshit civics, corollas, and other stupid fucking are with stickers on there that the kids think their fast are also on this forum. There is no way to filter out the dumb ass posers from getting on this site. all you can do is ignore them. its the same with the stupid bike posers who seem to go out and buy a new bike and act like retards on them, but seemingly more often than not they crash and burn and never ride again. so they almost weed themselves out of the group.

All im saying is in agreement with shrives most of the local sites are slow as fucking hell.

no offense to you jkucz28 but i have watched this site the past few months and there is’nt shit going on there.

If anything Sportriders.org seems to be the only site that has a few more people but still isn’t as active as i think most people would like.

i just think even if your not into bike people can appreciate just topic of the bike forum and even add criticism to the threads. im just asking the mods to take a closer look at getting a sub forum started. thanx

/rant

Bump.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49279

Cmon guys, lets do this.

1. The other local sites blow. (sorry, but they do. they’re boring.)
  2. We have generated plenty of interest, 33-18 vote in favor of a forum is a pretty good margin.
  3. It will hopefully bring more new faces that may just be into bikes, but will also check out gen auto and other boards and become good contributors to the site.
  4. bikes are growing in popularity, and will continue to do so
  5. its my bday :thankyou:

Cmon How, do it for me dogg. :cry:

Mike, this is the only way it’s going to happen;

Step #;

1. Make sure Howie gets drunk
  2. Make sure you get drunk (it’s your b-day, after all)
  3. Make drunk phone call to drunk Howie
  4. Ask for it as your b-day present
  5. Wake up in the morning to drunken posts and a Bike Forum

:slight_smile:

no sexual favors involved? your pretty generous josh.

Unless he wants it THAT bad… it’s only a 6 hour drive to NYC, lol.

haha doooooooooooo it, take one for the team man, we want this sub-forum like howie needs a reach-around!!!

:picard:

yeaaaah, cause we don’t have a problem with idiots here already.

and, what the fuck do you mean bikes bring trash? Have you ever ridden? Hell, have you ever met some of the OG riders from this site?

I don’t really see what the danger is in creating a dedicated subforum for motorcyclists.

The only relevant arguments put forth, so far, have been: “I don’t wana,” and “I don’t know how.”

I feel that with the substantial number of members that have expressed interest there should be a bit more seriousness in this discussion. Who is calling the shots in this?

Ahhhhh a logical argument backed with facts! My eyes are burning! :cry:

Congratulations. That’s the dumbest and most ignorant thing I’ve read on here in a long time, and that’s saying something.

likewise

My suggestion, take it at worth, is to just rename the Big Rigs sub-forum to Motorcycles/ATV/sleds/maybe even watersports(boating/jetskiis) etc. There will be 10x the action in there than the current.

Other large forums (such as vwvortex) do this and get a mix of Motorcycles/Dirtbikes/snowmobiles/ATV’s and watersports and its very busy. Write-ups, reviews, where to find info, pricing, meets, etc etc are stickied and generate tons of traffic. It can be used as an all purpose type of deal.

:shrug:

:deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2::deadhorse2:

There are alot of good arguments for a subforum, and Shrives has the best idea yet (IMO)… consolidation.

However, you have to PM Daddie if you want resolution on this. He is the Juan, with the powahs.

:slight_smile:

This is a logical discussion with good points on both sides, why be a dick?