MSSC on the news in regards to streetracing... *VID*

good spot, but it wont help the cause.

the reporter used 'street racing" at least half a dozen times. What we need to do is break the correlation between street racing and modified cars.

the reporters are going to come at you with the term and people dont realise you’re being tricked into assuming that the correlation does exist. By responding to it you already give up your point.

it’s exactly the same question as “have you ever been caught masterbating in the closet?”

if you answer yes or no, you still havent denied pleasuring yourself in private.

by not specfically stating that the incidents in question are not youths, are not modified cars, and that such incidents are not necessarily on the rise on a per capita basis and certainly not among any specific demographic of people we give up our opportunity to refute the sensationalisation of an non-issue.

I have another appointment to meet with the reporter from the Spec in light of another fatal incident over the weekend. These are the points i am going to make and depending on her article, may or may not give permission to release identity

the following was taken from statistics canada:

cliffs, traffic related fatalities have declines by more than 50% since 1986 and nearly half of those incidents, specifically in 2002, are related directly to impaired driving… not modified vehicles.

how would everyone feel about digging up the articles for all of the recent incidents billed as street racing incidents where some information about the cars and drivers is presented?

when i contact the reporter from the SPEC i’d rather have some actual evidence to support our concerns of media misrepresentation.

age, gender, car-type, modified or not, time of incident.

if you guys can come up with just that info about a bunch of recent incidents that would be great.

if anyone knows anyone involved and can get me contact information that too would be great.

anyone know those kids that killed the cabbie? i’ll bet $10 that admitting to street racing was a part of their negotiation for the lenient sentence and i’d like to hear it from their mouthes…lol

The fat bald guy “Brian Paterson” in the video is a certified jackass. He’s one of the main proponents in bringing back photo radar in the hopes of reducing “street racing” fatalities. Photo radar is a cash grab, handing out automated speeding tickets won’t prevent dangerous driving. Accidents born from stupidity and careless driving happen at any speed.

You go Bing! Too bad it’s the Hamilton Spectator though…I doubt that anyone in Toronto will hear your cries and this is the municipality that needs a dose of reality most.

The news stations will only air “entertaining” or “bad” type of news. They don’t care that people with modified cars don’t really street race even though the stats say so. They are just waiting for the next race to happen and for someone to die.

So even if we get someone to interview Bing or whoever it may be, it will probably never make it onto the air UNLESS it was a documentary about “The Real Street Racers” or something.

while this is great, stats and all, have you ever seen the stats adjusted to correlate with the growing # of cars on the road each year? Just a thought…

you guys are right… lets do nothing instead. That always makes for a better life.

or… get that info.

i red the article about the miata… no info on the driver… but it was an unmodified miata obviously.

grand prix’s are not the typical street racer vehicle either.

hence the per capita arguement.

however, stats will not be available as readily as population growth. The % of cars on the road will change in step with population growth but the most recent fatality info is 2002 so imo its not the right road to head down. I can speak to it though.

Since the number of deaths per capita is lower and the number of cars is much higher, it makes the number per capita per car even lower.

bing ,

its time to get political … you in?

im not sure what you mean…

but if and when i put some other information together i will pursue it further.

i have to set an appointment to for interview but i dont want to go in with the same stuff as we discussed before.

well bing you said its not much, but hell at last he is stepping up and getting his voice heard.
spilner tell him i still wanna buy that part lol

theres a DAmn saftey league? lmao how Nerdy is that does that fat basterd ever get laid?

liek what a turno on …
Random chik: I like you saturn
Saftey league employee: thanks wanna go grab some coffee some time
random chik: sure

…as teh date(or coffee) goes on…

Random chick: so where do you work
Saftey league Employee: oh …i work for the saftey league!

then pulls out his cape! and his special powers is the saftey scissors!!

that old fat dude is just a hag i bet the saftey league is a bunch of old farts who dont like loud music and kids