Mustang vs. WS6

302 from a '91; factory pistons that have been dished, can’t remember how much. This shortblock came from a twin turbo car a friend owned that ran 10.30’s @ 133ish with…so it’s balanced, girdled, studded…etc. My car is 3400lbs. with me in it.

K&N panel filter, 76maf, 65tb, Edelbrock Performer intake, AFR165’s at 54cc, Comp XE266 cam…fairly mild, 1.6 rr, 24lb. injectors, MAC 2 1/2" exhaust with eq. length shorties, T5, Spec stage 2 clutch w/ aluminum flywheel, alum. driveshaft, 3.73’s, some suspension goodies, stock clutch fan still, AC, PS…

Over the winter I’m considering picking up a stock shortblock to get compression back, re-ringing it, throwing an FTI custom cam at it, elec. fan, and doing some port matching. A few friends back in MN where I’m from ran this set-up into the high 11’s @ 115-118mph. The combo I have put together was more for boost…but it’s goonna be a while before that happens:( …so NA for now.

looks like ur cars got some potential :tup:…

if the weather holds id like to cruise around tonight possibly :tup:

Show up ontime then!:wink:

well… since my trannys not hanging on the engine, my rear end isnt leaking, an dmy exhaust isnt falling off, i may be able to do that :lol:

Same place same time?

sorry about the shitty vid…my video camera battery died so i had to resort to the digital camera as backup.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8094243279662584607

Damn, that car sounds good enough to record and use as a soundtrack. :wink:

Now I’m eyeing what you’ve done with your 302 a little more closely. I don’t have the aid of fuel injection though.

Great runs, that WS6 looks mean too :tup:

ugh get that WS6 to come out…I wanna beat him with the bolt on motor.

something is wrong with that WS6

:tup: nice muscle on muscle racing.

the clutch on that thing was toast. we didnt believe the guy at first, then SlowRock got in it and could barely get it to go anywhere. it was bad. not sure if that had anything to do with it though.

the video doesnt show it that well, but the WS6 was spinning and fishtailing all over the road really bad both times.

If the clutch is really that bad its stupid as hell to be racing it.

Who was this WS6 guy?

umm well i dont exactly think it was his car…i could be wrong though but i think his friend told him to take it out and see what was up with it or something like that. i didnt quite catch that part of the conversation.

Nice runs Deener! Glad to see lxtasy is still representing. You are right, that car did always do well on the street for some reason. Now bring it back to MN so I can remind you why you left!! :wink:

excuses are lame nice kill if his clutch is bad then he should replace it or not be racing right now. and i must say its a shame he made only 6 more hp then i with heads and a fast intake lol sorry im an asshole i know. anyhow good kill

i didnt care either way, it was a race of my 2 dream cars (almost): black on black LX 5.0 and black WS6 (even though this one was silver, its close enough!)

I raced that WS6 during the summer. Car goes pretty good - but it didnt seem like he had 437 RWHP…

his friend drove for him when I raced him also

^^^^^Where have you been?

Good Racing Action :tup: