My 1968 Mustang Fastback (now Satin Black).

So now that you are finished, come help me finish mine up :slight_smile:

I need to finish the electrical. That is what is killing me right now.

I can give you a hand Joey :tup:

Working on a Camaro shudders :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:122,topic:23335"”]

I can give you a hand Joey :tup:

Working on a Camaro shudders :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

What you doing tomorrow at 5:30? :smiley:

Come on, anyone can work on a Mustang… hehe

looks nice, but why did you paint the door white b4?

I tried to match up old paint based on a trim ring (couldn’t fit a fender in my 300M) and the color was drastically off. The mismatch is in the pictures back a page or two.

Joe, today at 5:30 is booked. I’ll shoot you a PM so we can get your Mustang knockoff on the road. :clap:

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:125,topic:23335"”]

I tried to match up old paint based on a trim ring (couldn’t fit a fender in my 300M) and the color was drastically off. The mismatch is in the pictures back a page or two.

Joe, today at 5:30 is booked. I’ll shoot you a PM so we can get your Mustang knockoff on the road. :clap:

[/quote]

understood. looks nice, are you going to go back to white later?

Nope, eventually (over the rest of the winter :stuck_out_tongue: ) I will be doing the remaining bodywork and squirting it back to Highland Green.
HG requires a black base coat so I figured two birds - one stone.

Plus I’m itching to get it on the road and drive it!

Plates go on tonight, registration’s set :stuck_out_tongue: Just dropped a new alternator and battery in it, starts everytime now on the first key. Excited as hell to try her out! :slight_smile:

fucking fantastic!!! :tup: :clap:

awesome!

wow, stop over the house my dad would love that car!!
great job!!!

Project threads rock:headbang:

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:128,topic:23335"”]

Plates go on tonight, registration’s set :stuck_out_tongue: Just dropped a new alternator and battery in it, starts everytime now on the first key. Excited as hell to try her out! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Mustang show tomorrow at Summit. Bring it! :tup:

[quote=“camarojoe,post:133,topic:23335"”]

Mustang show tomorrow at Summit. Bring it! :tup:

[/quote]

If You do attend, post up… I’m sure a lot of folks wanna come out to see her.

We’ll see, I’m sure there’ll be a few bugs to worry about first. :stuck_out_tongue: It’ll be at the Tubby’s cruise night at Rt.5 in Angola tonight as it’s like .0006 miles from my house, can always push her home if need be :lol:

I have been thinking about the final plates for her… right now they’re just alphanumeric. But when she’s done and painted, it’ll (obviously) look like McQueen’s '68. Considering the movie, Bullitt, was based on a book, I decided the plate will read

MUTEWTNS

from the book, Mute Witness
http://www.mobipocket.com/eBooks/cover_remote/medium/mute%20witness.jpg

:tup:

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:135,topic:23335"”]

We’ll see, I’m sure there’ll be a few bugs to worry about first. :stuck_out_tongue: It’ll be at the Tubby’s cruise night at Rt.5 in Angola tonight as it’s like .0006 miles from my house, can always push her home if need be :lol:
:tup:

[/quote]

Just bring it. If it needs fixing, they have the tools, know how, and trailers if need be.

I don’t think many people would get the book reference in the plate.
I’d get something with Bullitt in it if you are resto-modding it like that.

[quote=“camarojoe,post:136,topic:23335"”]

I don’t think many people would get the book reference in the plate.

[/quote]

That’s totally why I’m doing it :tup: I could do something like TOMBULIT or something but I wanted something the afficionados would dig, ya dig :stuck_out_tongue:

Tomorrow I’m meeting with a mortage guy so it’ll be dependent on that as well.

awesome work tom :tup: Maybe I’ll swing up to tubbys with the goat

Hooray, daytime pics :slight_smile: Hosed the thing down.

First cruise night. Of course, the night I go, a sweet ass '67 GT and a '68 fastback show up :lol: Still got lots of looks and comments, two kids walked by saying “that’s exactly what I’d want to do with it” :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/551676/original/dcp_0170.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/551677/original/dcp_0171.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/551679/original/dcp_0173.jpg

Brakes need some adjusting - I got home and smelt linings… turns out the big Wilwood fronts are ice cold and the drums out back, well, they were stopping the car :ohnoes:

Manual steering and manual brakes take some time getting used to. There’s no power anything on this car, and the few twisties I hit were so nice - the steering, once moving, is well weighted. Gets rubber through third too, sweet. :headbang: Lots of thumbs up. God, what the fuck am I doing on the internet right now?!! :smiley:

Very satisfied right now, but TONS more to come.

Nice… You probably had a shit eatin grin from cheek to cheek.

Bring it out to Summit tomorrow. But if you don’t you should at least show up. Call my cell if you do. I’ll be there from 8am-noon and 4pm til ??? The latter time, I’ll be there drinking and hanging out.