My 20 dollar paintjob...

well i decided to paint my tank and my front fender on my bike flat black instead of the gloss black that it was. its just a start to what i would like to do this bike and things didnt go as planned.

long story short, i spent all night wetsanding and painting these 2 peices. not really a tough task as i just helped my buddy do his bike desert camo last week, it looks pretty badass btw. well me being the rookie painter that i am decided it had cured for long enough and i was going to put it all back together.

As im filling up the tank, i notice gas was dripping from my gascan and i didnt see it. needless to say, the paint is gone where that gas dripped.

i was having a rough day since my mother went into the hospital today and i figured this would be a good stress relieving project, boy was i wrong. on to the pictures.

i really wasnt feeling the paintjob the first time anyways, it looked good, but it the sun i know there are going to be some spots. oh well, shit happens, i guess i know what ill be doing tomorrow night.

Waste of $20 if you ask me. Probably could have wet sanded it down to flat black.

no i dont think it would have looked as good. it was a cheap can of camo ultra flat black. the majority of money was spent on sandpaper, acetone, scotch pads, and beer. it will look better once i get more parts on it. iv got more steel going on it, in the winter time the frame will be painted flat black as well.

that sucks, man. you should have left that thing alone after you put the last coat on and been at my house drinking and painting my hatch. you are a dumb ass.

nice.