My brother was in a car wreck

A few days ago my brother was riding with a friend of his. Some woman blew a redlight, my brothers friend T boned the car. Both cars destroyed. Anyways he broke his ankle and got some deep cuts on his leg. Just to be on the safe side he went to talk to a lawyer about lost wages and having all his medical bills paid. The lawyer told him if the cuts leave “very noticable scars” or if he had to go for therapy on his leg. That he would be set for life. I don’t know nothing about insurance or the laws on something like this. But could he really luck out with something like this. I mean I doubt it, all he wanted was lost wages paid anyways.

I can unserstand some cash for pain and/or scarring, but 'set for life" ? :tif:

:word: hope all is well though

I can’t see suing past the limits of her insurance policy for something like that…

dude my sis got sued for 1.2 mil for rear ending a huge truck and nothing was done to the driver, i wouldnt rule out anything

What fucking retard lawyer is that?
Set for life for a scar? A scar does give you some $$$, but nothing to be set for life, a broken bone is where the $$$ is at, then permanent issues directly from the accident.

Yeah, they sue you for 1.2 mill. and then they settle for 20K

I sued some kid for 2 mill for jumping me and punching me in my jaw a couple times because now i have TMJ and it clicks and hurts when I eat bagels.

I settled for a lot less. I mean, like… Sub 10K less.

TMJ is the shit man… i was born with it on both sides of my jaw and its hell. i am in pain with it 90% of the time

^ same

good to hear everyone is ok though

The breaking of the ankle is more of an issue than scarring. He will probably go to physical therapy and also a orthapedic doctor to get checked out.

Breaking an ankle or leg sucks. Broke my leg last January and I lost 25% of the mobility of it. I miss paintball, running, and ice skating :frowning: Plus the cold weather beats the shit out of it. My leg is like the old Channel 7 weather stick.

Right now, be lucky he came out alive. Next get treatment. Lawyers will help with lost wages, extra bills, etc. Anything else consider a bonus.

Well, You may be able to get money, But I doubt being set for life!
Itt’s not like he has a Perminate injury that they can fight for yet.

My buddy was sued for a million by this guy’s wife for loss of sexual service cause the dude in the car accident hurt his back, anything can happen. Hope your brothers injuries aren’t serious but hopefully he will get compensated.

Meh, I hope your brother has some integrity. The other person and her insurance should definitely cover his lost wages, medical expenses, etc. But trying to profit from her mistake? Come on. Driving is inherently dangerous, and it’s a risk you choose to accept every time you get in a car. People make mistakes. It’s part of being human. I dunno, I guess I just don’t agree with people who have the attitude that driving is safe and anyone who makes a mistake is a bad person who should have to pay. If it was road rage, or she was on her cell phone, or some other form of negligence that should have not occurred then maybe she should have to cough up some extra compensation for her own carelessness.

That’s my opinion anyways.

I agree that that totally. He was just going to let it ride out, heal up and go back to work. But the woman started screaming and yelling and all this and tehn refused to give her insurance information up, until the cops got there. Also he was subpost to ship off the boot camp in a few months, now thats pushed off to a later date or depending on how bad injuries are. He might never beable to debt back in. Thats the only reason he contacted a lawyer. He called that william mattar comercail and thats who told him he’d be “set for life”.

my brother fractured his pelvis in 3 places and seperated his collarbone from his clavicle (sp?) in an accident that wasnt his fault. he got around 15k for pain and suffering/lost wages. he was immoble for almost 2 months, couldnt walk, just laid on the couch. he still walks with a limp, and it hurts him everyday of his life.

he was stupid, and bought an audi with the majority of the money. now hes flat broke. fuckin moron…

your brother DEF wont be set for life. around 6-8k maybe? just a guess.

That sucks. Sounds like he definitely needs some help getting his life back online, not set for life. Sucks that another person’s mistake is redirecting his life though. :frowning:

Sounds like your brothers lawyer was a moron and settled out of court. If he was seriously that injured and had Doctors saying permanent, serious, etc. He should have gotten alot more.

:word:

i think ive heard this is not the person you want to deal with after a car accident. to be honest, i would PM joestypes and get his dad’s number.

Back when my grandmother was in the hospital, my grandfather was leaving ECMC’s parking lot, and accidentally rear-ended some lady while waiting to pay the lot attendant. She asked the attendant to get my grandfather’s plate, and left. He figured it was a light tap, and she didn’t care.

A couple months later and he’s slapped with a $1 million law suit. But keep in mind…
1.) Her car was not damaged.
2.) She left the scene.
But still, he had to deal with getting his own lawyer, etc. He passed away in November, the law suit hadn’t been finalized. Who knows what will end up happening with it. :gh3y: I mean, how do you sue for personal injury when the car wasn’t even scratched?!?! :gotme:

In your buddy’s case, I’d probably ask my lawyer to get me whatever he could, but only to the extent that would take it from the insurance company. I wouldn’t want to ruin someone’s life just because they ran a red light. Unless she was drunk. Then I’d go for broke, and take it all.