My Build Thread LS1/FD Its Fast!

How close are you nowww?

(Shit my www key is sticking now.)

nggagoddamn

:tup:

Awesome! Almost there!

Well it ran but only for a few sec then I killed it cause it was so late. So I need to see what types of troubleshooting are coming my way. In a perfect world it just needs a full tune and for me to put the interior back in(4hrs).

:bigtup:

So Wednesday you should be good to go???

haha well I am taking today off as I have actually been sick and don’t think I have sat down for more then 30min in the last few weeks but we are working on it again tomorrow I believe. I am really happy it runs. I was smiling from ear to ear last night. But yeah I made the car a full roller already so it is pretty close.

I can confirm that we are…I’m thinking about taking a few hours off to get there earlier, thoughts? I have roughly 4-6 hours of wiring left to make sure everything is working properly. But, I don’t see why we can’t wire, put in the interior, and get it to the point where it would be ready to drop once you are comfortable with taking it down.

This is true. I’ve never seen this guy more happy…:tup:

It is coming together.

Very nice. Its such a great feeling to know after all that time and hard work, it runs.

Very impressed seeing this car in the flesh finally. It’s really amazing.

ugh, i need a vacation. :frowning: lookin good.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j431/piratemosh666/I-came-frozen-street-cars-1260237240e.jpg

:tup: Sounds nasty, is that with the full exhaust on?

Nice work you guys! Sounds sweet for sure!

It is. It is pretty loud. I am hoping that it quiets down some when it warms up maybe. It is really smooth though.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Just noticed these

Thanks man and CONGRATS on yours too! Lets cruise soon. My dad is actually going to be calling you soon he has vacation coming up and needs a detail. Get me some info in that product you were talking about for my soft clear if ya can too.

Thanks man and sorry I missed ya. It will look much nicer before it is finished I don’t like many people seeing it the way it is right now haha.

:bigtup:

Andddddd the troubleshooting begins. Car wont start. Tried to fire it and got nothing but a huge backfire. FML

It now runs and pretty well at that. Looks to be leaking a bit from the oil drain. I tightened the flange bolts and it looked like it stopped for awhile then later tonight it leaked again wtf! I will pull it off nd replace the gasket next time I work on it. Overall it is doing really well! A few people took vid of it running today maybe someone will post up or I should maybe get a decent vid tomorrow.

Soooooo Luke L came over tonight to finish up the wiring(he is my hero) then we started putting the interior in.

Everything that was under the hood all behind the drivers seat now. Need to make a box/mount this stuff still.

Thermotec heat/sound barrier installed through most of the car on top of dynaliner that was there from last year. Maybe 5-7lbs for all of it.

To show you the backside of it

Got the dash in and called it a night

Any idea of the labor hours you have into this? It has to be nutty.