My Build Thread LS1/FD Its Fast!

Maybe like 250hrs of just my time? I usually work on it one day a week(Sundays) unless im really excited about progress like now. I have deff taken a few 2-3weeks off at a time. Lots of hours are just drinking haha. Also for a few months it was at turbocivs and that was all him I took the time to get interested in the project again and focus on other things I was doing at the time.

:tup:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae134/alexsobo91/th_video-2011-07-21-13-47-57.jpg

Going to be at the track on Sunday? :slight_smile:

sounds nice, and loud lol

Probably not. I haven’t really worked on the car anymore and dont plan to again till Sun or maybe Sat afternoon. Needs a tune as well. Mike said he would maybe have time next week I believe and Chuck is out of town.

It isn’t too loud. Quieter then last year thats for sure. Sounds great though I am super happy with how it sounds actually.

HEATERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, LOL

Soon…to warm up the slicks. :slight_smile:

Amazing…

Well as a few of you know I was pretty stressed about this thing last night. Not like mad or upset just a little stressed. Luke and I worked Monday to get the gauges and some interior together to maybe bring it out last night. When we fired it up my oil pressure gauge read about 15psi cold and boy was I worried that is realllllly low for an ls3 cold. Figured I would sleep on it and came in. Yesterday I went and formulated a plan to install a mechanical gauge in the feed line to the turbo to get a better idea of what was really going on(ie bad sender hopefully).

Well I figured id start it real quick first and kablowww starter just spinning WTF! Well it looks like I had the wrong starter bolts in that didnt have enough thread engagement and they pulled right out of the block. Luckily there was a lot of room to go further up so I go buy some hardware that was 20mm longer each side. Had to retap all the way up(this was not pretty at all) and I was able to fix this after a few hours of work.

So back to the oil pressure gauge. I finished the starter and gauge install around 2am and didn’t want to start it that late and I was very worried anyhow so I didn’t even want to know if my starter fix worked and if I had oil pressure. Well this morning I kept avoiding it and I finally tried to start it…expecting the worst and fingers crossed for the best I turned the key and it fired right up! Well looks like I fixed the starter! So the moment of truth what is the cold oil pressure according to the mechanical gauge…right around 60psi.

Needless to say beers on me tonight!

Pics from where I am on the interior and some pics of the gauge/starter stuff

New longer bolts installed

Nice, looks amazing!

<3

black interior FTW!

TAN SEATS!

:tif:

So what’s the deal with the gauges? Is that a custom gauge setup, or is that stock?

Good to hear everything is operating normally. What’s left to do?

TAN CLAN! :tup:

Factory gauges but the housing and center counsel insert are all carbon fiber. All of the gauges work but apparently the sender to the oil pressure gauge is faulty. It was one that came with the car in a box and I had just kicking around. I will replace i and all should be good to go. I mounted the mechanical one just like that because I simply wanted a quick mechanical reading.

All that is left is I need to pull the turbo real quick and put some right stuff gasket maker on it to try to seal the flange since it is leaking a little due to Forced Inductions warping my flange and exhaust housing. That appears to be the last small issue presenting itself so far but it hasn’t even left the garage yet. I am sure some more sorting will be needed. Then I just need to finish the interior and get it tuned. Its mostly done.

no blacks allowed?

:tup: Awesome. I was reading your update thinking… “Oh Fuck”

Sunday…? Finish assembly and get it on the ground?