My Build Thread LS1/FD Its Fast!

:tup: No problem buddy. Glad to help out and be a part of this build.

BTW, I powered straight through until I got to Colorado, then crashed for about 6 hours. It was worth it…

So my memory was a bit off…

Starting Weights
Front Harness = 19.4 lbs.
Dash Harness = 6.4 lbs.
LS1 Harness = 5.6 lbs.
Total = 31.4 lbs.

Ending Weights
Front Harness = 8.2 lbs.
Dash Harness = 4.2 lbs.
LS1 Harness = 3.2 lbs.
Total = 15.6 lbs.

Total weight loss = 15.8 lbs

Was it worth the weight savings…? Well, that’s not why we did this.

• The engine bay is so stuffed we probably could not even fit it if we wanted to.
  • A large number of OEM wiring was not going to be used and just added clutter.
  • Most of the OEM under hood electronics were eliminated.
  • Damage to the harness needed to be repaired.
  • Fatigued wires were replaced.
  • I re-routed the harness inside the chassis to protect it.
  • I re-wired the Fans, Fuel Pumps, ECU, and Ignition source wires.

As it stands now the LS1 harness is in, Dash harness is complete, and the Chassis harness is in. The only wiring left is to connect the rest of the splices from the front of the chassis to the interior, connect all the power and grounds, and mount the new relays.

Wednesday will be another go at this…I thinking about taking a half day if you want to get going on this earlier. :slight_smile:

Also Luke aside from just utility lets not overlook how much more unique it make the project. This is all a part of taking the car to being what I envision as a full on build and not just putting the parts on to make big power(nothing wrong with that too though). I look forward to seeing you Wed!

No updates because Luke was in Colorado(im jealous) and I was in Alexandria Bay. We both got home yesterday and will finish this soon I swear.

I’m hoping that this week we can finish the wiring for good. :tup:

That is a SERIOUS statement hahah

This is serious business. We don’t Fuck around… :slight_smile:

So does that mean if Drew isn’t driving this car by the 24th for our drag day you’ll be to blame Luke? :slight_smile:

Hard to blame Luke for anything…he’s a superstar…

Actually, more than likely I would be to blame. But, even after the wiring is done there is a shit ton to do. The key is to NOT hold up the progress. I re-wired the whole front of the car so Drew could finish everything up there. I need to finish the interior wiring before the Dash and everything else can go back in. Then the fuel pumps, ignition, etc…

I’m doing my best…we shall see :shrug:

(I did sense the sarcasm…:))

I’m glad someone acknowledged my Disco Stu outfit…:slight_smile:

:tup: to progress.

Dan

So I haven’t made many updates but Luke L and I have been crazy(aside from that we both went on vacation last week ha). Well…

:tup:

good sheit :tup:

:frowning: me want see!!!

awesome

Someone told me this might be happening. :tup:

Fuck yeah!!!

Thanks guys! Sorry for the short vid but it was late and I felt bad about starting it but I just HAD to know if it would run.

Curse you websense!

Dan

cleaning off keyboard now

Hhahaha its such a short vid but when I was in the one it felt like slow motion. Funny thing was it was late and I said to Luke if it doesn’t run this try we are done for the night because it was too loud. I went to start it and it just fired right up. First two attempts resulted in HUGE fireballs as I had two plug wires on the wrong coils…oops!