My Dipstick!

There’s something wrong…My oil is acting funny?

I went to check the oil on my SR: So I pull out the dipstick and it’s obviously covered in oil so I wipe it off and put it back in, wait a second and then take it back out again and there’s oil all over it again (way past the full line). So I wipe it off and put it back in and when I take it out, again it’s covered in oil!

So I start the car, let it idle for a minute and then shut her off and repeat the entire process over again. And lo and behold, the dipstick is covered in oil again?

What the hell?

ya my sr dipstick is FUCKED too.

worst design ever, turns out i thought it was full then after it sat overnight it was actually on L

so i toped it up

i think i got the rythem down

stick it in
wipe it off
stick it in wait 2 seconds, and check.

I found that 1 side is coverd in oil and 1 side has the reading, its pretty fucked.

:?

NeveR: I think you might have over filled your oil.

DTS: When you checked your oil the first time then the second time was the state of your engine the same? Temperature wise? Because if you check your oil after the cars been sitting for a while, it’s going to read different thatn if you were to check it after you had just driven it. Thermal Expansion.

I remember my SR used to do the same thing, i just think it’s the general design, one side seems to be always covered in oil, so i would just go by the reading of the other side.

ya exacally.

No I didn’t over fill my oil because I still have the same oil in it from when I bought it. :?

ummmmmm…

you should of changed the oil efore you ever started the motor.

that oil has been sitting for 5 years, everything in it has broken down and degraded.

no lol the same oil from when I bought the car off of someone.

You might still want to change the oil.