oil comin out dipstick at high high RMP

hey i have the SR and it seems like when i giver only goin to about 6500RMP it seems that when i pop my hood the dipstick is up about an inch and oil has come out of it any reason for this???

thanx

It sounds to me like it could be that your piston rings are not sealing very well and letting the cylinder compression leak into the crank case therefore creating pressure in there and popping the dipstick out.

I am sure there are more people on here that have seen this and can correct me if I am wrong but this is what it sounds like to me.

Theo

its a common thing that occurs when some people put 4L of oil into their motors…ure only supposed to use 3.3-3.4L on an sr.

pcv might also be fucked

I’ve read on FA about this issue and it seems like everyone that had this problem had some type of internal engine issue something like what theo mentioned.

i would also lean toward rings… open it up!!! ohwell might aswell forge everything while your in there too lol

sounds good aite thanx guys

Could also be a clogged PCV valve, or a bad vacumm line to the pcv.

aite i’ll check that cause my idle is weird 2 when its warm it idles from 1400 up to 2000 then drops back to 1400

nahh i put the right amount in cause i remember even talkin to u about how much oil and what filter i needed so im sure its not that and my oil level is good

i have read many times of guys having this problem yet their engines have great compression numbers and so…iono

this also happens to me so i just removed the dipstick and routed a hose to the catchcan…

sounds good how much do catch cans run for??

Bing,

This is the EXACT problem I have with my talon. Compression is better than factory and yet my dipstick pops all the time. When I did a leakdown test the results were in the 20 % range. Im still driving the car but the rings are in need of replacement. Oh the car also eats oil.

Nevertheless Id lean towards rings in this case. I say if you can live with it then who cares if the car makes good power. Once it lets go worry about it then.

compression test ?

car had good compression and doesnt eat any oil at all no sings of burning it either

where is your crankcase ventalation tube running to ?

i have no clue what that is lol if it wasnt in the right spot would it cause my idle to be weird??

sure

hummm alright where is that thing tho??

comes off the valve cover