my incident at tims

On paper… yes this is the case, REAL WORLD it is very hard to dispute these right violations and in his situation even more slim without any proof his rights were violated (if that was the case) I’ve seen it time and time again in the real world someone brings up a charter of rights violation only be to shot down in court by a judge/justice.

The cop may not get overtime…but he still gets paid, and A LOT of cops don’t mind getting paid to sit in court doing jack shit. You gotta remember that these cops writing these bogus tickets/charges are LAZY NO GOOD COPS that just do shit on their shift to basically pass the time and get paid for it all while appearing like they are working. This incident probably took up most of his shift, 2 hours on the scene, 1 hour doing notes and another 2 writing reports. Hell cops don’t even have to do jack shit in court…The Prosecutor does all the work, the cop just has to be there and maybe read his notes if asked to.

To me majority of “real” cops that give a damn and want to make things better go into specialty sections of the police force. Organized crime units, drug squad, detectives etc. Your “regular” police constables unfortunately love their ticket books.