My job can be fun

I work hard everyday at my job (for the most part anyway haha). I’m in sales and my job consists of ALOT of phone calling, knocking on doors, and marketing to various businesses, schools, and other organizations. I know sometimes people simply are not in the market or are not interested in your services. The one thing people can do when they are not, is be civil about it and don’t be a dick.

Here’s where my story gets good!

I’m in my office this morning at 7:45 doing an e-mail blast (Not SPAM). I am specifically targeting people I have spoken with in the past and am doing a “courtesy follow up” which includes exactly this:

Hello Mr. Happy Customer,

I hope all is well and you had a wonderful holiday! I just wanted to check in with you to see how everything was going through out the office. As always if I may be of any assistance to you with any equipment or questions, please feel free to contact me through e-mail or at xxx-xxx Ext. 105. Thanks again!

Regards,

Jason Rubino
Account Executive

I do about 300 of these through out the morning, go about and do my calls to come back and find one particular e-mail that jumps out at me. It says:

Please take me off of your list.

Sincerely,

Mr. I Am An Asshole
President of Dick Smuggling LLC

I’m in sales, I do not like taking no for an answer or try to come off as a solicitator. I simply reply back with:

Mr. I Am An Asshole,

There is no list, I simply wanted to keep in touch and wish you a happy new year and as well offer any services that you may need in the future. Thank you.

Regards,

Jason Rubino
Account Executive

I thought that may be the end of it. It was not. Mr. Dick Smuggler himself had to reply once again being ignorant. The e-mail included this:

Well then, do NOT e-mail me. Is that clear?!

Ok, I should have let it go here. I show my manager the e-mails and now we would like to have fun at his expense. (Mind you, this business professional is suuposed to be known as a very personable guy and is very active in the business community with public speakings and lectures at events)

I simply send my one last e-mail back to him saying:

How Come?

I don’t recieve anything back right away so I know a phone call from him to my manager is being made or he’s ready to jump through the screen and strangle me. I recieve a phone call from him…

Thanks for holding this is… (I get cut get off by him)

“Look you know who this is, stop fucking e-mailing me. Do you got it!?”

“Got what?” I reply

“How did you get my goddamn e-mail?!” he screams

“In the business review. It’s posted publically and there’s nothing wrong with what i’m doing. All you had to do was be a gentleman and not be inconsiderate” I reply back.

He goes on a little more about some crazy nonsense and hangs up on me.

I’m not really sure why I posted this. It’s a little slow in the office and I felt like sharing my story. Anyone else have funny stories like this?

I could never do what you do. I’d go off on someone and end up in jail.

Sales industry is rough. I can see why people would be pissed off. But there is spam filters for a reason. Blacklisting an email is usually what I do.

People do not like to be solicited, which it what it feels like 95% of the time. Cold calling is some rough shit, but there is leads to be made.

I was careful with my words in my first e-mail I sent to him. I try to take the edge off a little bit of being a sales person or solicitor by trying to offer services to help customers streamline rather then just sell them a product.

When its slow at my work I go shopping at Walmart.

good times

one time while working and Bed Bath and Beyond i see this customer who looked like they needed help. so i walk up to them and say…

“excuse me maam, could i help u find what u are looking for?”

then HE turns around and says, “well…yes but as u can see im not a women”

i start laughing and say “could have fooled me!”

/story

hahahahah wow!

in sales, this simple phrase gets u out of so much work…

“o whatever we have is out on the shelves”

UNTIL…

they come up to u with that perticular product in hand. hahaha oops!

ahahhha bed bath and beyond.

good story lol

i could go on and onnnnnnnnn all day about BBB stories. me and my buddy worked there for like 4 years together.

we use to upper deck the mens toilets, pee all over the floors ar the end of the night so the customer service girls would have to mop it up. hahaha they blaimed it on the “OLD MEN” or little kids. hahaha

one time i bought a milk and hid it in the break room. OMG! fast forward 1 month and the owner had come in and ordered the whole store to be cleaned top to bottom. hired a professional cleaning crew and everything. hhahaha.

used to hang ladders from the ceilings so other employes couldnt reach them, hang carts in the trees outside at the end of the night.

omg this one is good, not sure if any of u ever safety wipe but if not its when ur not feeling so fresh and give yourself a wipe to make sure everything is clean. well working in that place in the summer was hot, and with all the sweet expensive Wamsutta washcloths around, how could anyone resist! ahhaha we wouold go in the bath stockroom and initiate a safety wipe with said expensive wash cloths. hahah then would put them back out on the floor for sale!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh

being 18 and dumb!

having sex in the stockroom with suny sluts was the best! hahaha they would work there during the month of december and it was on! different ones every year. all flavors too

i have to say that your email is probably one of the nicest and most non-invasive soliciting emails i’ve ever read.

Back when I worked in retail (Boscovs in Colonie Center - Domestics)…

It was Christmas Season 2005 and I was working the midnight shift. At 11:50, I was starting to close down my one register (I had two that I was responsible for). A last minute shopper came up from down stairs with a pair of socks.

I scanned them in and gave her the total. Here is what transpired:

“Okay the total is $x.xx.”
“What!? It’s buy one get one half off!”
I look at the tag on the OTHER side of the barcode - someone didn’t put it in the right spot
“You are absolutely correct, I can fix that in a split second.”
“You don’t know what you’re doing. You young kids don’t know anything these days.”
“Excuse me? You don’t know me. Would you like these or not?”
“No!”
“Okay, then take a hike and go to Macy’s.”
she left but not without yelling profanity’s at me and telling me she’s goin to tell my manager. I told her to keep walking
At this point I was restrained by a passing co-worker from going any further with this (verbally).

Management talked to me.

Reminds me of when I worked at Staples… :up2something:

That was the best retail job I have ever had by far. We used to have codes we would shout over the loudspeaker to tell each other if there is a hot girl in an aisle… ex, code 13= hot, film = milf… LOL

“Chris, we have a code 13 in Computers that needs your assistance” :rofl

So much fun. Best part was I was a PC Tech, so I rarely had to deal with customers aside from helping people out with their computers they brought in, or if they had a question about a PC or software. I think I rang out like 3 people the whole time I worked there, haha.

funny stories here :smiley:

your story sucks

NEXT!

BBB used to have a kids section with toys and whatnot. so…there was this bottle of bubbles that me and my buddy took into the break room one night. well this bottle was no ordinary bottle of bubbles. these bubbles didnt pop!!! they were like rubbery. well we empied this whole bottle of bubbles in the break room. covered it in non poping bubbles!!! hahahaha there was a vent in there that sucked up air. well it was sucking up some of the millions of bubbles we had blow and it was making the loudest poping noises. then a manager walks in and says “BUBBLES!!! BUBBLES EVERYWHERE!!! clean this shit up and get back on the floor!” hahaha, so we did.

Playing with bubbles? What’s next, a C5 Z06?:gay

Probably the worst thing Ive done at work (current job) was smoking weed there just about everyday right in the middle of the place. I probably smoked with about half the people working there including the manager. He’s a big time stoner anyway.

On Mondays I had to work with a guy that acted like a retarded 4 year old and the only way I could deal with him was being high. I used to smoke in the chemical room on those days.

At night it was pretty much a free for all and I had to basically babysit a bunch of 16-18 year olds. They never did any work but they always had weed and would let me smoke up.

That being said I quit smoking weed almost 3 years ago. A few of the people I work with take smoke breaks all day though.