my run in with the cheektowaga police

earlier i was on my way to a bowling tournament driving down cayuga right by the airport and i look back and i see this cop racing to catch up to me and i figured he was comin after me but i didnt know what 4 my radar detector didnt go off or anything. so he comes up and asks if i knew y i was pulled over. “i said not not really.” i didnt think i was going that fast. he says "ill give u bonus points if u tell me how fast u were goin so i said “im not exactly sure but i would say around 50mph.” then he said “well i pulled u over because of your muffler, do u know that it is illegal.” i said “yes i know its a little loud.” he then says “so is there any reason y i should not write u a ticket” and i said “no, u have every reason to.” he goes back to his car and im thinking well here is a nice ticket.

he comes back and says where do u work so i told him and stuff and then he says “so y do u have a louder muffler on there.” i told him that its loud cause its way bigger that stock when i had smaller piping on is was way quieter." i said nicely “the harley and muscle car guys have exhaust that are so much louder than mine, i can live about 7 blocks from a main road where they always drive on and u can clearly hear them but i never see them getting pulled over.” he says well i just pulled over a harley and a muscle car the other day. i said well good cause i always hear about officers letting them go cause they are american cars and what not.

then he tells me “well u seem like a nice kid, very respectful so i am going to let you go drive safe” i then proceeded to thank him for being so cool about it too saying ur one of the cooler guys i have run into most would just write the ticket no questions asked. he said thanks have a nice day and good luck at your tournament.

so it just goes to show u kids that if you are nice the the police they can give u a break sometimes. honesty and politeness goes a long way

Paragraphs my good friend, but now I will go back and take the time to read it.

Ok – now that I’ve read it, very nicely done. Sounds like a cool cop, props for being honest too.

Who cares about the cops, what did ya shoot?
D
attaboy for being polite

better sir?

he knew not to mess with the turbo saturn

i shot crappy 206-209-196 and i still won my match by 60 pins lol so i move on to bowl again tomorrow. this is the Obenauer master tournament going on at transit just in case u were wondering or cared. i made $135 today plus i will get more tomorrow for moving on.

lol yea it might blow up in his face.

did u get his name

nope no name he was a younger guy though

Oddly enough Cheektowaga is the only town where I’ve had relatively friendly run-ins where I didn’t get ticketed. Pretty cool though.

I just got pulled over the other night, by possibly the coolest, most easy going and understanding cop I have ever witnessed. In Amherst too :tup:

You handled that well.

whats louder… a saturn cruising at 50 with an aftermarket exhaust or a crown vic WOT all 8 pistons causing a huge racket.
Cool cop though…but I’m sure there is a lot worse going on in cheptovegas than a loud exhaust.

Admitting fault right away and not denying what the cop knows always puts you ahead when getting pulled over. Most people play stupid, this would aggrevate the crap out of me if I was a cop.

Good for you. But I hate loud cars and damn, even though I’m a live and let live person those fookin Harleys with straight pipes are an abomination and SHOULD be ticketed.

there is only one reason why you were let off.

it was a CHEEKTOWAGA cop and you were going BOWLING.

I’m kinda surprised that he didn’t get pissed when you brought up the harley/V8 thing, and then when you talked about how you’ve been pulled over for the same thing before. But hey, good for you and good for him to not be a prick. :tup:

:roll2:

ummn. a saturn cruising at 50 with an aftermarkert exhaust?

wait? unless, that crown vic has piston slap?

actually i have never been pulled over for my exhaust b4

was it an open tournment? damn i wish i bowled in it if u won by that many pins