cheektowaga cops suck

ok with the weather i decided not to go to cruise night…

first i leave home @ 930pm(EA) to check out Matt having no gears engaging on his transmission issue (OP) which is a busted shift cable, now its 11pm taking Matt from his house to go get something to eat (Louie’s on transit) then i thought i had my old one out at my friends storage space on Broadway near Harlem (CHEEKTOWAGA) so we get there @1145pm and no dice, so i get a few things i might need or sell and leave@1205am,
drive a few blocks, make a right on Harlem and pass a CPD car and i figure no biggie i don’t care becuase im driving normal. get on top of the bridge and theres lights on behind me, Im thinking where the hell did u come from??? I signal and stop, ebrake on, interior lights on windows down. stereo off…

the usual “lic/reg”. ok…now i have 2 cars behind me and now 3 cops standing around my car…
so i say “i didnt know i did anything wrong, can i ask what the problem is?”… and takes matts ID too…
he replies , “yes i will show you step out of the car”…so i did, walk to the side of his car and he shows me my small Burton, Etnies and Eurotuner stickers in my back window corners are illegal and thats why i’ve been stopped…
im now thinking "WTF!!!"but i say back, “i’ve never heard of that before”…
“oh and the muffler is a little loud when u get on it”, he said.

so now they give me all this BS and ask what illegal things do u have on u and in the car? -NOTHING-
im going to pat u down now to check…dont know why or that its standard to do that in a TRAFFIC stop…wierd but fine w/e.
now we spend another 15 mins checking my story against Matt’s story, asking dumb things abt stolen car parts…why we are comming from the city (which was 3 blocks from there in cheetowaga NOT buffalo…
so after all this info i give them they say they dont care abt the stickers and that they dont want to bother checking all night to see if the parts are stolen or not…so i can go now… @1215

so all this leads up to a big WTF!

thats my rant.

Been there done that.

my most favorite reason for getting pulled over is " i dough ne no reason"
and in a close second " shut the fuck up, i’ll ask the questions"

A lot of cops don’t realize that it’s not difficult to get a police job, they think they are tough shit and are at the top of the world.

you know HOW EASY it is to get one? around here? go get one then.

edit: josh, you got fucked, sorry to hear man. we need to have a drink soon.

thanx G-man

That f’ing sucks…but outside of these forums and your friends/family, and it wouldn’t go far. Cops can and do get away with a lot of shit, really sucks theres nothing you can do about it though.

I’ve been pulled over twice so far…(knock-on-wood)

Once in Cheektowaga, for too quick of a start, and once in lancaster for no front plate. (i didn’t have the plate on for the quick start either, but he didn’t say anything about it)

Both times were let off, took less than 60 seconds each, never had an issue. I dont have any stickers on my window, but i do have a decent amount of visible aftermarket parts. But i know my times coming…

so, did they find your dead ex-girlfriend in the trunk?

They require a high school diploma and to pass a test.
I’m not taking anything away from police, but when they think that their shit doesn’t stink it pisses me off. Not like I can do anything about it, but I’m just saying.

you’re an idiot. this is not correct.

edit: some cops ARE ass holes and think they can do whatever they want, but to say it is easy to get a police job super easy is ignorant, at least in new york state.
you act like it is as simple as getting your driver’s permit.

first of all, i’m not saying it’s easy like that, I’m saying it’s easy comparing to other equal paying jobs.

and i didn’t say anything about NY, just in general.
If you have common sense, are physically fit and have a highschool diploma you can find a law enforcement somewhere,and act like the biggest douchebag.

eitherway i’m done arguing this

please go away

Seriously I am not one to jump on a bandwagon, but one of my friends with a bachelors degree just became a cop, and he says it was the hardest thing ever. Just because you are a punk ass kid who thinks he is better than everyone including cops that put themselves through torture to get their position means nothing. STFU I honestly have never had anything against you, but you seriously suck. Please leave this forum. you are the type of person that gives everyone here a bad rap. If i need to quote 50 of your posts I will.

On topic, that sucks, I guess that he had some inkling of a reason to suspect something whether it was goo or not, but be glad that all you got was a waste of time and no tickets for BS.

Respect goes along way.
but not as far as OEM exaust

I took the BPD test in 1999. It is quite simply not as easy as that. For starters, you need 60 college credits. Secondly, you’re up against a waiting list. I scored almost perfect - and still was placed 512th on the list. (Not female, white, and no military - no bonus points.) After that, you still need to undergo a physical exam, a background check, and a psychological exam. You then have to go through the academy.

Please, don’t talk about things you haven’t the faintest notion of.

OP - that sucks, but in my experience, Cheektowaga cops are the biggest dicks around.

ahhh yay at least there are a few people on here that know the actual process. This isn’t the deep south where they will take anyone at anytime and see how it works out.

Very tough process, and I am sure a larger department like Cheektowaga is one of the strictest, and therefore, toughest departments to get into.

what cop(s)?

I got cock blocked by a state trooper

OP’s story is shitty. If you really weren’t speeding, or driving like an asshat, you got boned.

Some people just suck. That’s life. Cops are no different. Some just suck.

So you’re complaining about a 10 minute traffic stop which resulted in no tickets? Am I missing something?

Probable cause and reasonable suspicion are pretty loosely defined terms. It all comes down to any single cop’s discretion and what he thinks up as a reason to pull you over if you look suspicious.

Look at it like this; atleast you werent molested, beat up, or arrested, or all of those.

I honestly can’t believe that every single person on here that posts some story about a cop pulling them over for absolutely no reason is telling the truth.

I know I drive a car that somewhat stands out, has a louder than normal exhaust, and is tinted. I drive at all hours of the morning, through the middle of Amherst/Tonawanda etc and have never had any of the trouble you guys do.

You may think that you are driving correctly, and not doing anything to stand out, but some of the shit I see people do when driving is ridiculous. Get over yourself.