My S2000 Build thread 56k beware

newest model, series 2 i believe.

comes with original box and everything.

That sucks. That cover was a cool color too.

good luck with the car bud.

Thanks.

Yeah the valve cover was a great color. The boys at CRC have my intake manifold now and i’ll be dropping off my valve cover to them along with my brakes in the near future for powder coating.

More parts on the way! Comptech Supercharger kit came in yesterday along with the inline pro fuel rail and autometer roll cage gauge pod mount. Powdercoated intake maifold shoud be done thusday or friday evening. OEM Caliper rebuild kits are coming in this week from Saratoga honda and the calipers will get dropped off the same time i pick up the intake manifold. Capital region Customs is doing all my powder coating.

On the way:
AEM digital oil pressure gauge
AEM digital Oil temperature gauge (I think i’m going to mount the oil gauges right in the dash to avoid the clutter on the roll cage)
2 more autometer gauge pod mounts (may not use these, may also use these if i can rig up an actuator under the passenger airbag cover and have them rise up from the dash via a switch)
Greddy oil filter sandwhich plate for the oil gauges
AEM digital boost gauge
OEM Caliper rebuild kits
red valve stem caps

Things i still need:
AC relocation line kit from ghettocrxsi (Yes i’m putting the AC back in lol, it’s necessary when i get stuck in rain and my windshield fogs up)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
ID1000cc injectors and clips
SOS 3 bar map sensor
SOS race heat exchanger
AEM Series 2 with map from Evans Tuning followed by a dyno tuning apointment to refine

Arrived:
Greddy oil filter sandwhich plate for the oil gauges
OEM Caliper rebuild kits
red valve stem caps

With the engagment and all i’m changing a few things with my build for the immediate time being. I’d aldo like the car to be able to pass inspection this year (and have the parts to change it back to pass inspection if i end up with an aem stand alone), at a later date i’ll be adding the injectors and probably a k-pro for tuning and more power. I’ve decided to run the comptech kit with the rrfpr (just picked up a used but just rebuild one with the fuel line and fittings), the esm and a walbro 255. So the only things i need to get this thing on the car right now is a comptech esm and walbro 255 fuel pump. I also need to order a new comptech air filter and crank pulley (did get shiped with my kit, but i did get refunded for it).
According to competech it should get 350 hp at the crank with the exhaust, and that should hold me over for a couple months.

So now i need (to install):
comptech esm
walbro 255lph fuel pump
AC relocation line kit from ghettocrxsi
Fuel pressure gauge for the fuel rail
comptech air filter
comptech crank pulley

In the very near future:
ebay upgraded heat exchanger
bosch cobra water pump

In the more distant future:
1000cc ID injectors
AEM series 2 or K-pro with sensors
SOS 3 bar map sensor

Installed my alloy craft heater hose relocation bracket last night and removed the heat shield. Getting close to finished with the engine bay, just need to powder coat the valve cover now and then get a header (or shave my extra oem heater) and heat wrap it. Also need to order the ac relocation lines.

before:

after:

Capital Region Customs just posted some pics of the intake manifold. I’ll be picking it up tonight. Just need to pick up my brake rebuild kits from Saratoga Honda this weekend and get the brakes over to Mike at CRC now. As well as the valve cover(still haven’t decided on a color)

Got a bunch of parts in today woot!

boost gauge

oil temp and oil pressure gauges

comptech rrfpr with fuel line and fitting

goodies FTW

Picked up a C31 jumper harness from boomslang today. I’m going to tie my Comptech ESM into this to make it plug and play. I also should have the walbro 255 and larger heat exchanger ordered before the end of the day. Also bought 8’ of blue silicone 4 ply heater hose for the water to air heat exchanger and some dress up(though you probably won’t even be able to see it). lasty i have a synapse syncronic BOV on the way. Still need a couple more things but it’s coming together quickly.

Going to hopefully drop my valve cover, blower housing and aftercooler off for powder coat this week too

Awesome to see you got a SC! If I was going to do forced induction on mine I would do that. Can’t wait to see pics!

More parts ordered!
Blue high temp heater hose for the aftercooler
large ebay water to air heat exchanger
3/4" npt plugs for water to air heat exchanger
3/4" npt 3/4" bard fittings for water to air heat exchanger
walbro 255lph kit
comptech esm and boomslang c31 jumper extension to make it plug and play

Here is what i still need (just the comptech stuff!):
new plugs (1 step colder)
new comptech air filter
comptech crank pulley and outer pulley
honda pulley removal tool

getting close!!

Ordered just about everything I needed and then some! Dropping a couple things off at CRC on Monday for powder coat.

Calling comptech on Monday and ordering the rest of the parts I need.
-new comptech air filter
-comptech crank pulley and outer pulley

Removed the valve cover yesterday. Still need to get the new powder coated intake manifold on, I think it’s gonna be a real PINA due to the bolts on the bottom side holding it on.

Off to powder coat @ CRC!

Finally put on my new 06+ Door panels

Ordering all the rest of my parts for the blower today, planning on installing it Saturday. Hopefully my brakes will be done being powder coated and i can install those while the car is on the lift as well.

Did you see the alcantera insert kit that Modaddiction sells on S2Ki? Custom colors and stitching of your choice.

yeah, and it’s a great deal too because JPMcoachworks charges quite a bit more. I’m pretty sure i’m going to be doing that, after i do a few more things

Figured i might as well get a hondata intake manifold gasket while i’m replacing it so i called up Synapse and ordered one this morning. Then i called honda and ordered the crush washers i needed. All set now, just waiting for parts to arrive.

Also ordered a set of crv center caps for my enkeis, i’ll paint them black to match the rims

Update 3/22/12
Got a few more parts in last night. One order from mcmastercarr with some misc stuff and my order form CT Engineering came in. Also picked up my hondata intake manifold gasket from synapse and a couple crush washers from Honda. Also did some work on the car last night. I was able to swap the crank pulley fairly easily with the tool and i also hooked up the rrfpr. My main objective was to swap the intake manifold which still isn’t done, but it’s halfway there. The intake manifold is no easy job, lots of bolts in very tight places, it should be fun tryign to get the new one back on.

Here is a couple pics:
New crank pulley installed

Spark plugs, water to air heat exchanger and the rhd dash gauge pod came in today. Why rhd? because i’m going to cut/modify/fiberglass it where my dome light is. When it’s upside down it is angled perfectly towards the drivers seat. I’ll get a dome light that then goes onto the cage, there are a lot of them available out there for utvs and offroad rigs.