My shop/barn build thread

I just re-read the whole thread last night looking for what you did on the floors, which is nothing, correct?

The mason sprayed whatever sealer they use these days on it. I forget the name but both masons that I had quote the job used the same stuff. It was like $250 in product to do the whole thing, i think he charged me $25 to apply it with a pump sprayer.

Dan

Quality sealer is key

A couple weeks ago I decided randomly that I wanted to try and finish the walls at the top of the stairs since I havent done much to the shop in a while.

This is how it was.

Insulated (yes I did it all, just didnt get a pic done) And added an outlet near the window as sometimes Ill put a box fan in there to get dust or heat out.

My sketchy setup to get out over the stairs.

Sheeted - added an access panel to the attic area. I still need to insulate and sheet the section at the back of the stairs, but I was out of materials and time for now.

Primed with Kilz. Managed two coats from the corner to the window, the rest is just one.

Its really not much different but at least its one step closer to done. Next I need to tackle the ceiling which is still just wide open. But its prob gona cost a grand so its going to have to wait a bit.

Dan

1 Like

i love this thread

1 Like

Let me know when you take applications to move in to the barn.

1 Like

Currently not accepting applications.

2 Likes

Finally got some decent shelving.

Found a pile of 36x72 (6ft tall) keystone racking (like 2000lb rated) on CL for $300. I priced what I got out from Global Industrial as they still sell it… $1900 wooof.

I wanted it taller, so I cut a few of the uprights in half and bolted them together with some 3/4" 1/8wall square tube, and re-positioned the diagonal bracing to create some 9ft tall sections.

Bolted together with matching M8 hardware and square nuts.

Made a smaller section so i could have room for my folding tables, ez up etc.

scored 12 9x2ft 5/8 plywood sheets from a guy in webster who owns a bleacher company for $100. These were off some old bleachers he removed.
Cut them up into 2x3 sections for the shelves.

Turned this.

into

I still need to organize my metal stock, but that will have to wait. It will be located at the end of the shelving near the half wall for easy access in the fab area the other side of the wall.

Dan

2 Likes

Love this thread

My home garage is getting there. I do want to build a pole barn like you did in the near future.

3 Likes

Nice and clean!! I like it. Car sounded great the other day!

Looks great. Pole bars are fun and expensive

1 Like

I need help lol

3 Likes

haha, yup!

The first step is admitting you have a problem. :joy:

Is that a Blazer back there? I just bought a lowering kit for the S10. I’m stoked!

Now I don’t feel bad for having 5 cars.

I just feel bad for the 5 cars that I have.

yup 2003 xtreme, 2" drop spindles, 2" drop split monoleaf rear, rebuilt 10 bolt with a spool, HVAC delete with a flexalite mini heater I mounted to the firewall blowing out the defroster, manual steering, manual brakes, line lock… getting ready for a forged ls2 4l80e single turbo swap. I think I have 10 right now…
2011 C6 Grand Sport 427LSX F1-X
1997 C5 Coupe 418ci LS3 Z06 trans widebody
1997 GTS Viper soon to be forged 8.3L H/C and maybe a pro-charger
1997 E36 M3 sedan, soon to be forged with a small turbo, e46 6 speed manual
2003 blazer xtreme, Ls2 single turbo, auto
2004 GTO 6.0 iron block, going to be my new daily
2004 GTO I am parting out
1994 Cavy built 3800 sc 5 speed
2013 Ram cummins deleted bigger turbo impeller
2020 blazer wife’s ride

Ugh lol I’m glad I have next week off to try to hammer out some of these projects lol. The 8.3L, a Ls1 and a Ls2 of mine are at the machine shop.

i totally forgot about the cavy!

Hope he doesn’t like fishing, because any fisherman worth a damn knows the uniknot is one of the best you can use.