My Vert Turbo Camaro project

What brand of intercooler do you have?

i believe its a CXracing one

1st or 3turd

I thought so, I have one of those on my typhoon, alot of people run them, cant beat the price.

they work well. My Iats on the truck that didnt have as much air to the IC as the car is going to have were only 10* above ambiet while cruising and the highest ive ever saw under boost was 20* and that was on a hot day at track. 109* is hottest ive seen

since the plan was to hide the wiring and make the bay look as clean as possible. with doing this i had to relocated the fuse boxes but instead of relocating two of them i comdensed the two fuse boxes into one and relabled the cover. Here you an see where the fuse box is now located and is accessible from under the car

got some more work done today. I went and welded in my subframe stiffener. I ended up using 2x2x1/4 angle and sectioned the rocker so these would be fully connected to the body. they are the lenght of the cage’s mounting points. Just jacking the car up you can see how rigid the car is now. Sitting the car you can feel how stiffer the floor is.

nice work. Keep the pics of progress coming

jackstands on the roller dolleys thats fucking scarey quik, i hope you dont roll the car like that

Yeah man, nice work on the subframe connectors

they are welded solid to the dolleys. I had at one time moved the bare shell around with that setup, during that time the stands were welded to the shell. I was much easier to do bodywork that way.

ahh word, cant see the welds, ive done some wackey stuff but that caught me off guard

damn good looking setup thus far, keep up the good work quikster!

got some work done on the manifold today. whats left with it is, i need to add the 90* bend with vband for the crossover and then finish welding the 90* that holds the T4 flange then its finished. specs on the manifold are…2.5" main tube with 2" primary’s, 7/16 thick header flange {purchased from GM performance parts}

to some wondering why i used this style, it works well even tho it doesnt follow alot of ppl’s beliefs on how a hot side should work. Similar manifold on this same combo in my silverado netted 702rwhp with a pig rich AFR and 16psi on a 4.8

word sick

well its been awhile since my last update. I had to pick up a few critical parts before i can go any further. I had picked up a PAracing K member and a set of Spohn solid stands. This allows me to run the down pipe how i had planned. I can easily fit 4" i probably could tuck 5" with how this setup is. Once i pick up a few 4" 45* bends ill start working on the downpipe. once the downpipe is finished then i can make the crossover then plumb in the wastegate. After that is the fun part and redoing the engine harness to hide the wires like i did on the silverado.

i think im going to look into getting my fuel rails color matched to the intake. I had teh fast intake repainted months ago and didnt realize it was little darker then my orignal color of electron blue. The intake is Arrival blue which im starting to like more. THis will probably end up being the base color for the car.

in these pics you can see how easily a 4" pipe routes with no interferences. I had two pieces of pipe angle cut that i tacked just to see how a set of 45s would work. turns out theyll work perfect

you need to pump up the tire on that bike.

lol

looking sick bro

Yep, looks awesome man, coming together nicely

thanks bud

Lookin’ good, keep up the pics. So, the theory behind the chamber at the end of the headers is some kind of tuning effect where the chamber allows a sort of exhaust pulse management/enhancement? Also, is the DP really close to the oil pan? Lots of heat, are you wrapping those or will you add some clearance there?