NECC Track event #2 --- Sunday, October 2

Well, I’ll do the 2nd then. My wife will be attending as well.

Hey Alex, is this more of a tire roaster compared to the PCA event?

Right, if the other clubs would like to work something out with us, that would be great, and we could offer the other club members the NECC Member pricing. But we’ll have to discuss this and figure things out.

NECC Members: $35
Non Members: $45

2 days of racing:
NECC Members: $60
Non Members: $70

Spectators are free by must preregister.

With the above pricing, non-members consist of anyone who isn’t an Official NECC Member. But we’ll look into working with that.

Hey Alex, is this more of a tire roaster compared to the PCA event?[/quote]

Its actually pretty good.

The first event that was run had 2 spots that were issues. The one spot in the first stretch looks like will be cleared up by making it a little faster… :drinkers:

Otherwise I would say its a straight 2nd gear course (My second will top ~110)… although I had plenty of opportunities to slip it into 3rd but it was easier to keep it in second otherwise the car would just get off balance.

Actually I only had one clean run :frowning: . The other 5 times I was recovering from too much power oversteer)

In PCA I top out 3rd gear and occasionally hit 4th on that long straightaway.

I would say it falls between an ASA and PCA course. Its a nice course and really not too hard on the vehicles. THe tires get a bit of a workout…

I found most of the ASA courses to be more of a mental challenge and in the few runs you get its hard for us rookies to get a good feel/balance of what the car can do. (turn/turn/turn/turn/turn/straight/turn/turn/turn… )

The PCA course really tests your nerves … you really have to trust your brakes (well if you have them). You really get a feel of what your car and can and can’t do…

The first NECC was good and I think the subtle changes the organizers are proposing will make this one really fun.

:slight_smile:

Just to clarify, does the non members fee only apply to the driver (and not the passenger)? Or does a driver and passenger end up being $90?

Driver and passenger=$45. There is no charge for passengers/spectators.

And is it rain or shine? (I’ve actually been anticipating a rain event to test my car in the wet so I’d go either way but would just like to know).

Yup rain or shine. We might slow the course down a bit if its raining.

Yeah I’m in for both if there’s space. Looks like I’ll leave the black wheels on the silver car for 3 weeks in a row there.

If we could have smaller run groups I think that would make things a bit better too. I found the tires and brakes getting totally cooled off between runs last time.

Justin

What are the chances of hauling out Project NECC and letting people take it around for $5/lap? I think that would be great to get some baseline testing done so we can see what the car is really doing.

I’ll bring out the video camera and my SLR to get shots as well (just bought an expensive ass lens, gotta get some use out of it).

Is there any way that the timing clock can get 2 clocks going at once? CAuse if it could that would speed stuff up a lot, I know that in June when I believe it was the RX7’s first meet of the year, when the first car was half way around the track the next car would go, I dunno just a thought if it is possible, would get twice as many runs in.

That is precisely what we want to do assuming we get the hang of the technology.

Thats what we want to do, but we havent got the software to do that yet. Once we do we will have everything set up to be a true hotlap event.

Im in for at least one day.

Do you already know what software you need?

I already have a test version of the software needed, but unfortunately no laptop to test it on. If someone could meet me before the event with it, I could bring the timing gear and the program to check it out.

In fact, this program is apparently capable of running 4 cars on a track at once.

Does this Software work on Mac OS X?

I’ll have my laptop up and running shortly and we can test it sometime.

No, it’s PC only.

Pfft…like I’m gonna use a Mac. Do I look like a freakin’ beatnik? :E

Kris, I may be able to bring mine to SCC if your coming.