Need help deciding on a track day / autox brake pad

There’s a catch, you can’t just say a certain brand/model, because they have to be Wilwood pads. No one makes a pad yet for my calipers other then Wilwood.

I have a Wilwood Dynapro front brake “kit” on my car. 11.75" SRF rotors, SRF ones are drilled and slotted. Quad 1.75" Pistons (largest in this caliper type).

My rear brakes which isn’t what this is about but in case someone wondered - are Dodge Daytona IROC brakes I swapped on, with 11.2" SP Performance Drilled/slotted rotors, and for the track day i’m going to swap in HKS HP+ pads in place of my HPS’s I have in there now.

Car weighs ~3100 with me in it. Makes ~215 hp as it sits at the wheels.

Currently I am running their Q pads. As you can see from the below graph link they have bad higher temperature handling/aggressiveness. I’m going to be attending the track days this summer hosted thru here, and I also Auto-X. With the track days not only am I concerned that I’d kill the pads just from use but also that they don’t have anywhere near what I need for heat handling. I’d like a pad that I could also use with good luck in auto-x where constant braking is needed but temperatures don’t get THAT high.

Noise and dust aren’t a concern really as these are race day pads for me.

The pads that I can get for my caliper out of the ones listed below are:
A, B, E, Q, BP-10, and BP-20.

Here is a description of each of their pads:
http://brakepads.wilwood.com/01-selection/index.html

And a temperature comparison graph of their CF / torque vs temperature.
http://catalogs.wilwood.com/_pdf/_pads/PadCompoundGraphs.pdf

The A pads are definetly too aggressive for me. I “think” B probobly is too. That leaves E, Q, BP-10, and BP-20. I have the Q’s already. Right now I’m leaning towards the BP-10 Pads. Their still a “streetable” pad - but they’re more aggressive initially which I like (the ones I have now are i think not enough) but their response curve is flat. Flat is predictable, something as a noob to track days I like the idea of. And their temperature handling goes far beyond the Q pads I have now. The E pad is also very close in spec, and really the description for either pad sounds very similar. i’m trying to get a hold of someone at Wilwood that can tell me the differences between BP-10 and E.The BP-10 is $15 cheaper and instock a summit, but E is not.

Just was looking for some feedback, thanks in advance.

you might be fine on what you have for your first day… I would leave the backs in but bring tools to do a swap if needed.

Looks like BP-10s are the way to go if you have vented rotors. Since your car doubles as a street driven car you don’t want to use pads that need excessive heat in them to be effective.

Well I decided using a different method lol…
There aren’t a lot of places selling Wilwood pads that I can get in a reasonable amount of time so I used Summit. Summit only stocked the BP-10’s. So that’s what I went with haha. I’m sure they’re loads better then the Q’s I have now and I have plenty of time before the next event to switch if I don’t like em. I have a feeling eventually I’d like to try the BP-20 once i’m used to this setup so that I can get more aggressive response at higher temps.

Thanks for the input though! :tup:

your car only makes 215hp at the wheels? I thought it made a lot more than that. At any rate at least you will be able to stop well with good repetibility. something my SHO hasn’t been able to do since the turbo.

[quote=“somedude,post:5,topic:30551"”]

your car only makes 215hp at the wheels? I thought it made a lot more than that. At any rate at least you will be able to stop well with good repetibility. something my SHO hasn’t been able to do since the turbo.

[/quote]

Nah that’s all I got at the moment. i’m running a pound or two higher then this graph shows, but as of this graph I was only making 195 @ the wheels (this was at like 11 psi):

I’ve done a few things this year to hopefully ensure that I can run more boost now without any knock retard/knock counts. As such I’d like to up the boost a few more PSI (after the track day), and I’ll prolly get it re-dyno’d again and run it at NYIRP again to see how it affects my 1/4. The goal is 13’s on street tires and 2.0 flat 60’ times on street tires too this year as it sits.

After that, I have water/meth injection i’ve yet to install to allow for higher boost…