NEED HELP W/ WHEEL FITMENT ON MY S-13!

So I have a set of rims for my s13 and need help with fitment…The wheel specs are 17x8 in the front, 17x9 in the rear, w/ +38 offsets on the front and rear… I have already test fitted the wheels w/ out rubber, and the front seemed to clear fine but when i fit the rear, it jus clears by about less than a 1/4 " from wheel to the strut, as well as sticks out of the fender about less than a 1/4"… so question is, what will i need to do to clear the strut and sit flush with the fenders, if this is possible? Rolled fenders? camber asjustment? spacers?
or all of the above? If so what would be the best tire specs for these wheels w/ my car at stock height? i was thinking 235/40/r17 and 265/40/r17? Any input would be appreciated!

this is kind of a old thread… not sure if you still need help or not. but oh well here it goes.

if it clears the strut thats all that matters. are you going to be getting coilovers? it wouldnt hurt to get a small spacer i suppose.

As far for the tire poking past the fender, 1/4 inch is easy enough to make flush. You’ll just need to roll your fenders a bit. the tire specs you posted would be a pretty beefy tire for that rim, IMO anyways. i have 18x10’s and i think my 275’s are perfect. there is a slight amount of stretch but nothing serious.

I dont know about the width of the wheel in that offset. I can tell you a 295/35 fits with lots of room to spare on the stock rear wheels.