need help with a ticket.

got my first ticket in the new car.

was it speeding? no
was it for burning a j on the way home? no
was it for having illegal tints? no
was it for having a semi-modded car? no

i was doing/had all of those, and what do i get? entering a god damn HOV lane too early.

Sect./Art.
132/93
132/92 3(a)

i just want to know if anyone has a link to MTO where i can see the laws online just so i know what i am up against.

i am going to just say im not from that area, first time on that street and i didn’t know when the highway was coming up. but still, god damn it. what a dumb ticket.

don’t say anything about “it’s your own fault” blah blah blah. im pretty much just wanting mike (spd) to post because he knows MTO like mad. if your going to say something stupid, just go post on one of fobwalls/ahmed’s posts.

kthx

make sure to fight it, don’t give these losers a single penny, and ignore the douchebags who say its your own fault you’re a retard you should crash burn and go to jail (hardcore hypocrite losers).

I fought both my last tickets and had them thrown out. Up yours gov + cop. Police state money leeching douchebags.

There’s little point in posting questions or problems especially when it comes to tickets as you’ll just get jumped by the crowd here.

1. (1) No motor vehicle shall be driven on a highway at such a slow rate of speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic thereon except when the slow rate of speed is necessary for safe operation having regard to all the circumstances.

Exception

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a road service vehicle as defined in Part X. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 132.

Note: On a day to be named by proclamation of the Lieutenant Governor, subsection (2) is repealed by the Statutes of Ontario, 1994, chapter 27, subsection 138 (10) and the following substituted:

Exception

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a road service vehicle.

See: 1994, c. 27, ss. 138 (10), 144.

http://www.tbaycc.ca/hta.htm

How much was the ticket for? Does it carry points?

If it happened in Toronto go to court and dispute it. T.O. cops will not show up for small infractions like that and it will be thrown out. If for some bizzare reason the cop comes to trial plead guilty with an explanation (you were in a hurry, the sun was in your eyes, another driver forced you into the lane) and you will at least get the fine reduced.

You could go to a ticket fighter like POINTS but in my past experiences they dont do much for you unless the ticket is a major offence. They are generally quite happy to reduce your fine and collect the cash difference in the payout.

the fine is for $60 and the total payable is $80. not sure if there are any points…but i wouldn’t really know where to look.

i am def. going to go to a first attendance meeting. if not that then on to trial.

ahmed the section you posted is completely irrelevent

anyway…

brock, what does the ticket say in the ‘contrary to’ part, beneath the section part? HTA? or something else…?

Brock, sucks to hear that man. That’s one thing I hate about the HOV, even when you want to get off, sometimes you are only “allowed” to get off when it’s way too late and you miss your exit. I had that happen to me before.

People just merge onto the HOV whenever they want now.

Anyways, where was this ticket given? If there’s no points then you don’t have to worry too much about anything. Just attend the first attendance and you could plead guilty with an explanation and they will pretty much reduce the fine and usually remove the points of there’s any.

And since it wasn’t a speeding ticket, don’t quote me on this but I think it will not affect your insurance since all they ask you about is if you have any speeding tickets or at fault accidents.

Or you can just fight it and you could say that you had no idea that you could not merge there.

Anyways, the people that get flamed are people like Ahmed who talk so much shit about the gov’t and this board. I’m surprised he still posts on this board. Ahmed, why are you even posting about speeding? That’s great that you got your last ticket thrown out. But this thread is about helping Brock, could you just fuck off if you have nothing better to add? Stop telling everybody about your life. If I wanted to watch some drama about someone’s life, i’d watch The Truman Show.

Good luck!

Mike -

Did commit the offence of: drive-non designated vehicle in reserved lane during prohibited hours

Contray to: metropolitan toronto bylaw 132/93

Sect./Art. 132/92 3(a)

Mark - it was on eglington just before the 404 on ramp. Literally it was at the lights right before the onramp. fucking scarborough.

well since it’s a municipal bylaw it won’t come up on your abstract i don’t think
which means insurance shouldn’t be affected

i can’t find that part online, prolly cuz its so old (1993) and toronto’s online shit only goes back to 98

your best bet is to get a first attendance… see what they can do for you (which prolly wont be much) then go to court and try to get the fine reduced, if anything

HOV - ? acronym for?

interested yet confused…

high occupancy vehicle lane. meaning you need to be car pooling, a bus, taxi, etc to be in the lane.

for $60… pay it and peace out.

fight the good ones, 50 over, vehicular manslaughter etc.

LOL? I don’t even know how to react to that :lol:

I never knew about the HOV lane either, all this time I thought only Jay-Z was allowed to drive in it.

i just wanted to know about abstracts and shit.

im going to fight it just to fight it. see what happens

thanks boys

Fight it. Now way in hell is the cop going to attend trial for a $60 dollar ticket and the whole thing will dissapear. If you have the time to do it then you keep the $60 in your wallet. Fu*k the local government, they steal enough money from us already.

my EXACT thinking too.

i got pulled over on mccowan the other day for having the monkey on the back of my car. (seen here)

cops are pricks and try to nail you on everything but the small tickets they never show up to. there just trying to give you a hard time. what else is new?

Hahaha are you serious?! That’s why you were pulled over?

What did the officer say exactly?