Need help!

I want to make my own tourque dampener for my car any ideas on going about this my wheel hop sucks.If not can anyone find me a website that sells them for my 06 cobalt?

Like this?

http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=4591

http://www.cobaltperformanceparts.com/ingalls-stiffy-engine-torque-dampener-chevy-cobalt-ss-20l-p-45.html

$166 doesn’t seem too bad.

I’ll take a look at my car compared to my wife’s 06 Cobalt (both have the same engine as yours). The upper mount I have may fit, but I am not sure. If it does, you can get one for $120 from carcustoms.net (just have to look under 03-05 Cavalier).

I’ll check it out sometime tomorrow and post back with what I find out.

ratchet strap motor to subframe. kept my motor from torquin on my sonoma.

awesome thanks for the help guys. I am getting prolines and koni struts but not putting them on until after winter.I was also looking into front strut bar from DC. But at the track I was pulling 0.040 R/Ts but even the slightest bit of the tires breaking I was bouncing so the torque dampener will come in handy :slight_smile:

You should look at your 60’ time instead of reaction time to see what kind of gains it gets you at the track.

I don’t have my slip to look at its in the car but true statement.I went once this year and it was my 1st time racing at a track. My car is stock so its no mean machine lol.I may go down to the Flashlight Drags and if not then thats it for season it’ll be to cold after that.

If it reduces the wheel hop I guess you don’t even need to know your 60’!

I looked around and the only thing I can find that is offered for the Cobalt is that Stiffy thing. I’m surprised though, coz for the J-Bodies, you can get stiffer motor mounts and stiffer tranny mounts.

Yea I was surprised to see all they make for them so far.They are supposed to bring out a turbo from Haun turbo’s but they can’t until someone makes an upgraded ECU which as of now is non-existant.But from cobaltss.net alot of people are unsatisfied with theirs because there are alot of problems with them with electrical and as of lately transmission problems.But besides that they aren’t bad cars for what they are.

hahahahahahahaha

60’ is worthless info, it’s all about reaction time.