Need some pro 240 input.

Alright, just a quick intro on myself.
The names Mike, I’m 19, and live in good ol Toronto.
Currently i drive a 93 Acura Integra, and with good reason i’m here on these forums :wink:

Now, my question to EVERYONE and ANYONE, isssssssssssssssssss:

drum roll please

So im looking to get a 89 240 after the winter, now what are some pros and cons to them.
Currently, i’ve been looking around for other cars and cant seem to become satisfied in interest other than the 89 240…

If you can list some pros and cons about the car.
I notice people saying they need an everyday car?..elaborate.

Soooo do the newbbbb a favour and help me out lol. :smiley:
Thanks guys.

-Mike

cons… single cam ull most likly end up swapping the motor. uhh alot of rust because they are older, id say go with a 91+

Any 240, no matter what year will have alot of rust if it has not been taken care of and been winter driven.

I’m trying to think of cons, but I really can’t. It’s better than a Ferrari.

Get a mint 240 for the summer and use your Teg for the winter. Discussion over.

lol thanks for the input guys, but what other things should i be looking at once owning the 240…like what kind of things are destined to go wrong with it besides rust, on the strut towers, and frame rails.

Suspension pieces.
Timing chain/tensioner/guide.
Tail light wiiring for coupe.
HUD for coupe.
Rattles.
Power windows break.
??

pignose`s are ugly thats all oh wait i used to have one nothings wrong with them just make sure you look for rust and other smaal features of an old car like brakelines and fuel line etc.

yea just check for rust on the drivers side frame rail, and floor mainly, and even if the car is coming safetied still check it.

Isn’t there a sticky on things to look for when buying an S13?..

I’m pro 240. They’re awesome.

great cars, but rwd open diff sucks balls in the winter, even with winter tires. (been there, done that)

remember to check out the brake booster to see if there was any leakage or any leaks from the brake res or mc. the fluid drips down and rusts the driver’s side rail moreso than the passenger side for some s13s depending on how the previous owner took care of it.

Is there?
I couldnt seem to find it, even searching.

And…hows a 240 in the winter exactly? I’ve driven an awd 6spd car in the winter, but not a rwd. even with winter tires its bad?

Just don’t drive like an asshat and you should be fine. Take it easy, and if you have good car control you should be ok. I’ve only ever driven RWD vehicles in the winter, and I’ve never had a problem. Get the best set of winter tires you can buy though, you’ll thank yourself later.

On my 240, I’ve found some bad frame rail rust, some bad rust right under the pedals, the brake lines are rusting to the point where I don’t want to touch them in fear of breaking them (and i’m too cheap to get new ones right now), under the mudflaps and on the opposite side of the wheel well, in the front wheel well itself, and the hatch where the spoiler was. As well, the exhaust was rusted through in a few places (the resonator in the middle, for one, so I replaced it with a straight pipe) and some of the rusted bolts will be a bitch to get off. I ended up having to heat them up with a torch until they were red, and hit them with the airgun right afterward.

The rest is standard car stuff, make sure all lights work, goes into all gears, brakes aren’t seized (I had rust on the chrome pistons in all 4 brakes… gay), identify any strange smells, etc. These cars are pretty reliable even at high mileage.