Neon Driver Charged - You know him! With Pic

Id like to rape frank clark with the mustangs driveshaft

meh.

Wow. Bullshit charges. But, is it going to make any of you think twice before you race on dA sTrEetS, NgGa?

Probably not, but most of you are stupid.

to me that is bullshit
No one made Mark race the dude, unless the guy in the Neon ran him off the road he is not responsible for his death

Honestly I am sure the guy in the Neon feels horrible, why ruin 3 young lives?

How about sentencing him to a conditional license so he can drive to work/school and make him walk/ride a bike to about 500 hours of community service speaking to young people about the dangers of street racing…

Our legal system lets far too many real criminals free, why condemn a kid who made a questionable decision that had a tragic outcome…

If I died in a street race of no fault but my own I would not want the other driver to face prison , I know the risks…

He was already ticketed for street racing, so he goes and does it again and now there are 2 deaths, sorry but he was warned once, either a: he is stupid or b: has some big balls and thought he would never get caught, either way he deserves it.

Fuck that. The kid already had an ACD for street racing when this happened. He should NEVER get the privilege to drive again.

He is screwed.

here is how i see it.

Guy 1 races Guy 2
Guy 1 dies
so Guy 2 is charged with criminal negligence?

ok, so i am going to eat a bunch of sterling tavern cheeseburgers because they are scrumptious
i get fat, and my dago heart stops pumping
i die
charge the owner of sterling place with criminal negligence?

i hate situations that absolve individuals of personal responsibilities. both racers entered into an uncontrollable situation that brought a disproportionate amount of inherent risk. both gambled. one lost. he and she died. the other party is not responsible for their actions, he is responsible for his own. both took the same risks, only one side got the desired result.

a good lawyer will get the kid out of the manslaughter and negligent homicide charges

Ugh. Come on, Sam.

Both racers entered into an uncontrollable situation? Yes, they did. And that’s where their problem began and where the end of 2 lives was about to begin.

The race should never have happened. It’s not just a “gamble” for the 2 parties involved in a street race. You’re putting everyone on the road around you at risk when you do it. 2 people died doing it. 2 very young people. It’s not just a “welp, lesson learned” kind of situation.

Look at how many people are killed by others actions on the road
Lets be honest, most accidents are totally preventable, they are caused by factors such as inattentiveness, distraction, sleep deprivation, excess speed, excessive age, perscription medication, poor mechanical condition of vehicle ect ect

How many of those people who turn right in front of people, back out of their driveways into traffic, take turns too fast, run red lights, unsafely pass ect that kill people other than themselves go to jail??

Very few unless it was intentful or they were on alcohol and or drugs

So who does it benefit to let this kid rot in jail?

Does it make sense for a kid who seemingly has no other criminal record except racing get buttfucked daily for 10 years because some other kid couldnt drive stick?

Our corrective system these days seems to be more about rehabilitation than correction

So what good would it do for a young kid to spend a good part of his formative years in jail

What good is he going to be to society when he gets out?
He will probably forever be a burden to society…

In my opinion theres other ways of punishment than confinement in a case like his

As far as his license I dont think a lifetime suspension is the best solution but I wouldnt disagree with it…

i heard a rumor the mustang was cruising around that whole day looking for races

you totally missed my point. im not saying it’s “welp, lesson learned” at all.

charging guy 2 with criminally negligent homicide takes the personal choice and free will of guy 1 off of the table. sure, guy 2 has contributory negligence; but, he cannot control the choices of guy 1. both engaged in high risk behavior. both knew, or should have known, the worst case outcome of their choices. one got lucky, one did not. it’s sad, but it’s reality, and frank clark is over stepping his bounds. he is going to get shredded by the defense attorney in court.

:word:

Also what if someone racing you dies at the track in a crash?
Does that make it ok?

waiver.

moot point.

So it really comes down to a legal issue and not a moral one

Regardless of what you think or feel:

Under the manslaughter statute, a person must perceive the risk and consciously disregard that his conduct could cause the death of another person.

Doesn’t surprise me. If I got a new car I would be floating around to see what It could do, of course I know how to drive a vehicle.

Kind of a grey area matter there… he never directly caused the problem. If he hit the other car then sure. Instigating does not cause the death of another person, the other person still must press the gas pedal.

ok. great. sign up to be the kids lawyer. IDC.

Lemme ask this though When did anyone say the neon instigated?