New 240 owner

Hey guys, I just bought a 1989 coupe and love it! However, while decoding my model number I came across something odd. I know that the last 2 digits are the factory options; 11 = XE power group, 27 = sport suspension, 28 = full load(11+27) and 99 = stripped(no options). Now, the problem I’m having is that the last 2 digits of my model number are 13.:confused:

Also, everywhere seems to have different info regarding S13’s. I’ve come across sites that say that all Canadian 240’s come with VLSD, while other places state that only 91-93 fastbacks came with VLSD, but only when equiped with HICAS. I hope these aren’t noob questions because I have done alot of searching. Anyways, any help is appreciated:mrgreen:
TIA

Canadian chassis between the years of 1989-1993 DO NOT come with VLSD’s unless it was swapped into the chassis by a previous owner.

Anything over 1991+ came with a VLSD if it was originally sold in CANADA.

American’ 240’s were the only ones i know of that i didn’t come with VLSD’s in 91+'s ( aka 95s )

Sorry , I have no clue about the VIN numbers.

Yes they are noob questions.

All Canadian 240sx’s 1991 and above all came stock with VLSD’s.

1989 & 1990 did not. It was not an option.

*multisynclg beat me to it! lol

Thanks guys, I just didn’t know. The guy I bought it from said it has ‘posi’, so I figured it had a VLSD. I can’t really see if she makes 2 black marks though as she’s still sitting beside my garage in need of a new starter.
I’m still not too sure about the model number though :confused:
-HLS13FNW13 is the number I’m having trouble decoding. I know what everything means except the last 2 numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

IT may not be from Ontario?

On a side note:

I was talking to a friend, who is a Checy guy, and we were talking about LSD’s.

He startred going on about “posi”, and I was like WTF is that mate?
Me: Is posi like an LSD?
Him: WTF is an LSD?
Just kinda funny.

It may not have been sold here in Ontario, but it’s an ‘N’ code car, so it was destined for Canada from Japan.

Only reason I know what both are is because my father owns a 1972 Plymouth Satellite, which has posi :slight_smile:

lol.

I had an S13 from Alberta once. The vin’s were not like the vin’s here in Ontario.
even the local Nissan dealership was like WTF? at first.

I thought all S13 VINs were 17 digits long? :confused:

i believe in north america the last 6 of the vin is to say what order the car came out the plant!! i could be wrong

its a open diff

RC40 - that’s my gear ratio, correct?

my 89’ vin ends in 56

Not all 91+ have vlsd, my car is an early 91 and it does not have a vlsd. If you want to check just jack the car up and spin the tire, if the one your not spinning is spinning the opposite of the one your spinning its open. if they spin the same way its a vlsd. Or just look at the covers theres a difference in the covers.

Covers don’t necessarily give it away, or the LSD could be bunked…

I agree though, jack it up and see if both tires spin in the same direction when you spin one.

we need ted, heatW to chime in here. he will know lmaooo