VLSD stuff.....

Did the VLSD only come in 91-93 240sx fastback’s with Hicas??

I really should know this but don’t :?

thanks for answering my dumb question.
Fitzy

VLSD came in all Canadian 240’s from 91-98

Andrew.

Even coupes?? :?

Fitzy

ALL i repeat ALL 91-98 240sx

not just LSD, VLSD’s.

I hate to be annoying but i just want to be sure :slight_smile:

Fitzy

ALL types, breeds, races of Canadian Nissan 240sx in years 1991 to 1998 exclusively came with only one type of differential called VLSD (viscous limited slip differential).

Andrew

Thank you.

Your cookie is in the mail. :lol:

Fitzy

Thank you.

Your cookie is in the mail. :lol:

Fitzy[/quote]

:lol: it better be chocolate chip.

Andrew.

incorrect.

it was only canadian made hicas model s13’s that came with the VLSD, and i believe the SE and LE model kouki s14’s came with it as well.

not all canadian model 240’s came with the vlsd.

oh man…all canadian models(91+) came with a posi rear end aka vlsd…in the states only the hicas models had a vlsd there are lots of other threads on this

then please explain to me this…

I have three s13 fastbacks;

• '91 se hicas
  • '89 base
  • '93 se non-hicas

the '89 and the '93 have the exact same diff, my '91 has a vlsd sitcker on it…

and to my knowledge, no US model 240’s came with the vlsd. we were the only north american country to see the vlsd in our hicas model s13’s.

u must have gotton ripped off on ur 93 and or its american and or another diff has been swapped into it because all models in canada came with vlsd

Proof for either side of the argument please…

Fitzy

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7071&highlight=vlsd

my proof is andrew (iQuABoB) who has been around 240’s for a long time says that 91+ come stock with VLSD’s…and besides lots of people i know with non hicas models lay two rubber patches when drifting

i believe there is a base model hatchback for 91-93 that came with wheel covers on steel wheels (no 7 spokes) which may (or may not) have had an open dif (i have seen no conclusive evidence one way or another).

a 91-93 240 does not need hicas to have a vlsd

the vast majority of both coupes (I think Canada only had LE coupes for 91-93… I’ve yet to see any other trim) and hatchbacks (base, SE and LE) from 91-93 came with VLSD in Canada

bump? lets keep this going, anyone find support docs/articles for either side?

Fitzy

Well 1st off… the S13 in the US came with an optional “handling package” meaning you could get (Hicas, VLSD, Higher Performance Summer Tires and Sport Suspension) which was only avaliable for the SE Fastbacks…

SO USA model 240s did get VLSDs… just not as a standard option

In regards to your “three” S13s… did you ever put into consideration that before you bought one of them the VLSD was removed ? whether it was damage, sold off, whatever… It could have been replaced with an Open Diff…

If their US model cars… then thats why they dont have a VLSD.

99.9% chance you have a VLSD if you have a 91+

chris’s 91 has an open diff but it was a late model 90 with 91 junk on it (bumper etc.) it was also a base model

I own a 93 hatch back,and it came with the vlsd.

Base model S14 has no VLSD