New driver

Our oldest daughter got her permit, and she’s determined to get an Eclipse some day. Her cousin has one, so her uncle took her out today so she could drive it. Now we’ll never stop hearing about getting one.

I can feel the gray hairs just popping out. But at least she has an interest in cars!

haha great, proven eclipses are girl cars!

Buy the Miata for her :smiley:

Ha…g/l Jeff !

I have a 98 GS. 98,000 miles. Green, 5-speed. Big dent in rear quarter, and I think it needs a front wheel bearing. Needs cleaned up.

An Eclipse would be a good car for her.

i bet she would do perfect with a Del Sol

I got an 05 gts with 21k miles. perfect for her :slight_smile: lol

I was thinking more along the lines of… nothing. I just don’t think a 16 year old needs their own car, unless there’s a definite need like getting to a job, etc. What’s everyone else think about it?

I have to give her credit though, she’s been putting money in the bank with the intention of getting a car at some point. That definitely shows commitment.

Luckily she’ll get some experience with different vehicles - our GTP, the Acadia, and at her dad’s there’s a Blazer & a Pilot.

i bet she would do perfect with a Del Sol

Definitely. They’re perfect cars for girls under age 18.

I got my first car when I was 16. I also got a job and worked hard. So I would say if she is responsible, and willing to get a job, then she should be able to get a car. Not without having specific rules set for use with the car though.

good luck,mine will be 21 in may!:ugh2:

I was told by both of my parents at 16 that if I wanted a car, I had to work for it and buy it, and pay for all associated costs. I did that. Kids have a lot more respect for their vehicle if they put all that money into it themselves.

my good friend just went thru this with his son. he bought him a big ole 83 town car that was in good condition for cheap. told him that he can use this to get to and from work while saving money. and when he gets atleast 4g’s in the bank he can sell the town car and get what he wants with the money he saved. that was a year ago and he is pretty much well over 4g’s in the bank.

good luck. oh yeah refer to my sig for the perfect car for her :slight_smile:

My little sister finally got her license just before her permit was going to expire. I sold my Beretta to her like 2 years ago and it just sat in my parent’s driveway all this time. So now that she has her license, she still doesn’t drive. Her boyfriend (or fiance according to them :doh:) drives her around in the Beretta. Supposedly she almost wrecks every time she drives, but she didn’t do too bad the one time I let her drive my Accord. Anyway, good luck :burnout:

get her a nice full frame caprice ! you drive / park that your gold

don’t you have a red automatic just sitting in the garage? not like you have to teach her to drive a stick.

I was reading this thinking, I didn’t think Jeff had a daughter that old… the last time I seen them I was at your house looking at your bike and they seemed really young… guess that was like 5 years ago tho!

Get her a '75 Beetle.

This is going to offend the male members of Pittspeed who take pride in their Del Sols :kekegay: