New Parts.....56k maybe.....

lol… if I only knew about your insurance? right.[/quote]

at 19 it was $3600 a year…
at 20 it was $3000 a year…
now at 21 it’s a whopping $2400… That’s for only the cobalt with no tickets or points…god knows why it’s that much. I could have payed the damn car off already if I could get a decent rate. Trust me, If I could afford a better car than the one I have I would have bought it already…I don’t mean to come off like an asshole, but it seems that alot of people on this forum pre-judge each other, when they know absolutely nothing about them beforehand :gotme:

sidenote:it’s sprung :slight_smile:

there is a reason that the premium is that high: hot footed idiots who think the CoSS (stock) are gods gift.

and, my point was to try unsprung in your next round… its not bad.

Nice clutch orangeSS. Nice dyno johnny! And, my insurance is only 900 a year :smiley:

I honestly don’t think anyone makes an unsprung clutch for this car…although Im not sure if the exedy twin plate they make for this car is, but that was a bit out of my price range. For what I have on this car and possible upgrades this summer, this clutch should last for quite some time, although Im not too sure about the axles themselves, hopefully they last the season though.

stock axles were fine last year, put about 20 passes on them. This year might get a better tire, but ther gona be tested alot harder :tspry:

[quote=“05OrangeSS,post:41,topic:25880"”]

lol… if I only knew about your insurance? right.

now at 21 it’s a whopping $2400… That’s for only the cobalt with no tickets or points…god knows why it’s that much.

[/quote]

holy fuck, thats more then i pay for my trans am

[quote=“Studderin,post:45,topic:25880"”]

stock axles were fine last year, put about 20 passes on them. This year might get a better tire, but ther gona be tested alot harder :tspry:

[/quote]

Mine probably already have more than 20+ passes on them, although that’s just on regular street tires. Im just looking to do mods that get rid of this retarded wheel hop(i.e control arm bushings,motor+tranny mounts etc…) and get some stronger axles that can take more abuse.

only 3600??!?!?! when i bought the v6 fireturd at age 19 i was paying $420 a month insurance and $262 payment. so you will get no pity from me. :lol:

Shawn, I think that kid is talking about changing the fuild flow to his laminova intercooler tubes. You add a fitting on the cast endtank, and change the plumbing of the system
Yeah, I did some research last night and today since it was bothering me that there was a mod I didnt know much about. Saw some pics and write-ups of the endplate and how it works. I forgot I was a member at the CobaltSS board.

Im just looking to do mods that get rid of this retarded wheel hop
Some of the GP guys use a torque arm that connects from the lower A-arm to the subframe. A guy did a write up on ClubGP, and Studderin did a write-up on here…Im tired so, either u or him can look it up. Its in the DIY section.

The torque dampener helps with wheel hop alot. I dont know if they make after market motor mounts for hte car yet, but you could always pour you’re own. That, the torque arm, and some stiff suspension should eliminate most of the wheel hop. Poly suspension kit should kill the rest!

–mark

best improvement for wheelhop on a street car, is the ingalls torque damper
next is stiffer motor/trans mounts. Control arm braces shouldn’t be needed for street tires. There more for slicks, and when you have good power to really stress suspension/steering, with twisting/foreword force (tracion)

^^He has that already and hes bent it a few times.

All my mounts are solids now…u can feel everything…even feel oil drip back into the pan when u shut off the engine!

[quote=“articzap,post:52,topic:25880"”]

^^He has that already and hes bent it a few times.

[/quote]

How did that happen? How was it intalled,adjusted.

Never heard of that before?

MAD POW@

[quote=“Studderin,post:54,topic:25880"”]

How did that happen? How was it intalled,adjusted.

Never heard of that before?

[/quote]

wasnt adjusted properly…It’s not in the car at the moment…

New Era’s Cobalt beat my STi tonight. 35 - 80 (or 90) roll. Nice work on the car mike!

–mark

[quote=“05OrangeSS,post:41,topic:25880"”]

lol… if I only knew about your insurance? right.

now at 21 it’s a whopping $2400… That’s for only the cobalt with no tickets or points…god knows why it’s that much. I could have payed the damn car off already if I could get a decent rate. Trust me, If I could afford a better car than the one I have I would have bought it already…I don’t mean to come off like an asshole, but it seems that alot of people on this forum pre-judge each other, when they know absolutely nothing about them beforehand :gotme:

sidenote:it’s sprung :slight_smile:

[/quote]

my insurance just went back up :(. and i have no tickets, accidents…blah blah. just outta the blue “please pay us more” POO. anyway.

let me know if you finally get your car tuned. im actually in a heavy debate to buy hptuners so i can get these 60’s in and tuned.