New personal best at NYIRP

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2193/2443221304_90e599976c.jpg

I was happy with this. I ran with my new 26" street slicks, and I was only cutting 2.0 60’ times. I just don’t know how to launch it well, and I am not heating them up enough yet. I never drove with slicks on any car before. I had a few good burnouts though, and then still spun because I got on it too hard in first.

I got 7 passes in last night, only messing up one run, being the first of the night. Other than that run, I trapped a consistent 93 - 94 in the 1/8th and went 117 - 118 in the quarter. My R/T’s were on too, with a .505 and a .514. I just need to work on my burnout and my 60’ and I think I will be in good shape.

Unfortunately, I had to stop last night because I blew out the intake manifold gasket around cylinder 4. About a week or two ago my boost dropped 3 psi at redline, and I never knew why. I think this whole time I have had a slight leak around the runner, and last night it finished itself off. Luckily its an easy fix, so I will be back next week again.

–mark

nice job :tup: 118mph is no joke for a street car, i’m impressed

Nice times :tup: What are the mods? or are you gonna be one of those guys :rolljerk:

Jeller

3" cutout on the downpipe, agp wastegate, 27 psi tapering down to 20 psi (i think because I blew out the gasket, I used to hold 24 at redline), cammed, 35 degrees of timing, race gas. I used 26" M&H street slicks. I need to learn to use them though :-\

More seat time, 1.7 60’ 11’s this year:tup:

here is the video of your first run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYbQ9hWtUT4

HBAHAHAAHAHHAAH I thought you dubbed in the car sounds at first lol!!

I see a one wheel spinner. This doesn’t have LSD, or am i just not seeing it. Also looked like a decent launch. Seems like getting 2 to grab would help a lot more

Ugh, that burnout was nasty. I did it in 1st, I had no clue what I was doing. After that run, I got them both to spin pretty good, I just had to keep practicing. That trans is tough :slight_smile:

I missed 3rd gear that run, thats why I only went 111, heh. Cool to see the vid though, thanks man :tup:

stock turbo? That’s impressive

:tup:sweet.

118 is a great trap. You’ll hit 11’s with more practice for sure. Nice work!

Niiiice, yeah that car is faster then that forsure.

Good work bud. You have big timing balls running 35 degrees LOL :slight_smile:

:pimp: Meth is a hell of a drug.

0.0 KR on all but the first run. The first run I had 93 in the fuel canister still, so I had a few degrees of knock.

I think the 03 srt’s didn’t come with a LSD.

edit: nice trap!

You think correct!

That car is moving. Great job and you run more timing then i run NA haha.

The SRT has a domed piston design that loves timing. If I was to run the same setup on a 2.0 neon engine with the traditional style flat pistons, I would have to run quite a bit less timing. Going up from 28 degrees to 35 degrees makes about 50 - 70 whp difference, and a few mph in the quarter.

Don’t worry people think i am crazy too since i run 30 deg on a 200 shot so meh.

lookin real good. I need to get me some 26in slicks. with that trap speed and a decent 60ft youll see 11’s no problem.