New SOHC Ka-T Numbers *PICS on pg 2

move this sheezy to technical.

thinking about it, since the KA doesnt rev much i guess making more hp than TQ is rare

you do know Hp doesn’t actually exist?

it’s just a calculation of applied torque

the reason why you end up with more HP than torque is because on a gasoline motor, they rev higher than a desil.

If i desil could rev to 6500 then it oo would produce huge amounts of hp.

Food for thought…

Sasha, you make it sound like my torque falls on its face.
But it really doesn’t.
The torque starts a 2700rpm then slowly drops after about 4500rpm, key word is slowly.
My peak hp hit at around 4700-5500rpm, which is where i shift anyways.
So once the torque start to fall the hp starts to pick up.
I will post pics of the dyno graph asap.
This way everyone can get an understanding of how my number relate to each other.
I know my HP isnt as high as it should be but understand that the fmu is making it
run considesbly rich in the higher rpms where hp should take over.
Once that problem is solved the numbers should even out a little better.

P.S. I am glad everyone is taking this post a little better than last time,
its good to hear some positive criticism, thanks guys

I have the dyno sheet scanned onto my computer,
but I cant seem to upload it to any site.
Its not working on cardomain, weird
Anywho I’ll update once I upload the picture

send all pics to filpereira@gmail.com
i can host them for you

heres the graph:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/1257000-1257999/1257763_40_full.jpg

The graph shows 211 as peak torque but that was my first run on my second run the torque went up to 213 and the hp to 179 he didnt print that one cuz i guess he didnt want to, he also chose my worst first run to compare it to, my best first run was 156hp and 181ft/lbs

Hahaha - I always love statements like this.

Wait until your current HP level becomes boring…you’ll start looking for more. Next thing you know your selling socks at Dixie Value Mall just to get some extra spending money.[/quote]

This cracks me up!

NEVER!!!

And good work Mr. pump, things look real good! A MASSIVE improvement, I bet it feels nice…

It does feel nice, a lot of tire spin in the rain. This winter will be nuts.

Hopefully in the spring the car will have its tuning done and the numbers will go up accordingly.

Thanks for all the postitive feedback

sick numbers bro

fuck me in so dfunken right now

I looks to me like your first run was better as far as the power curve goes.
In the first run the curve is gradual and does not drop. If you could get the power to come on like the second run but follow the same curve as the first with higher numbers then you will be close to haveing a well tuned car.

As far as Sasha’s coment about hp being better, I have 1 statement torque gets you there and hp keeps you there. In my opinion a well tuned car will have a torque curve that is intersected by the hp curve between 4500 and 5500 how ever torque should not drop at this point. Between those #'s hp should take over and the torque should follow till 6000rpm (on a DOHC not a SOHC).

I can really tell the difference in the exhuast flow from this graph. Boost comes on alot faster and with more strength.

Keep up the good work! We should have a KA-t track day at cayuga in the spring, more and more people are doing KA-t’s.