New Year's resolutions for 2012

Was going to say what Jay said, I saw 90 conductor jobs available when I looked last week. I’ve also heard track worker jobs will be opening up along with a few in my department. I love my 7A-3P + OT hours, seems they are one of the few “good” shifts. Although, I wouldn’t mind working 2nd shift(which sometimes happens when I work a double with OT).

CSX loves giving away their money, I just keep my hands out and pockets open :lol Like 97cavy said, I worked the past two days(observation of NYE + NYD) as well as Thanksgiving & Black Friday(considered a holiday haha) and made what I make in a week in those two days plus my other 3 normal work days. I’ve never heard of double-time and a half until working here, but I’m not complaining.

To what PJB is saying, I’m not even going to repeat what everyone else has already said about starting at the bottom. I’ve been at CSX for about 5 months now, had Mondays & Tuesdays as my weekends(so I worked Wed-Sun) and was at the bottom of the barrel for seniority to start out. I will soon have 5 or 6 guys under me and as of a month or so ago I bid for a Friday/Saturday weekend job and got it. That’s only after a few months. You’ve got to start somewhere. I could give a shit what days I have off, as long as I get a rest day somewhere in the week.