New Year's resolutions for 2012

at the very minimum at least pjb has a job, I know alot of dudes that used to make BANK that are deadass broke now and cant find work for shit. Once you make good money and dont anymore you refuse to go back to making normal pay, its crazy.

Exactly, im unemployed ATM, but im at a point in my life where I can do it and be financially fine and make income from a rental property and have 0 debt. Literally my only bills are cell phone, gas, insurance and taxes

drive my truck.this summer
make more money new job or not
pay off my debt and get my shit straight

Get my personal training certs.
Start Crossfit again
-I’m more interested in transformations, rather than the “I want to lose 10lbs.” people. That being said, I want to start and hopefully make some significant changes to someone elses life this year.

I want to lose 10 lbs.

:lol

sully, what company are you going to go with for your cert?

I’ve been checking GE and I can’t find any entry level positions I could apply for.

Where do you work? Do they have any positions open?

Il take a job.

Hopefully advance my way into working towards management at my current job within the next few months, if not start looking for a new job and start moving up. Time to dump this 9/hr bullshit if Im not going to go to school.
Get my own place again
Possibly quit smoking
Working out more often once Im recovered

thats about all I got

Get in to UAlbany once I apply, though I may apply to possibly Siena, Union, etc… Don’t think I’ll have a problem getting in though.

NASM or bust.

Drop 120lbs for the second time in my life.
Finish the bro-maro, possibly even with a paint job.
Enroll in school.
F.B.G.M

Apply for the railroad. They’re hiring.

I’ve been looking at csx man… what jobs are available right now?

Check the website. They are looking to hire 100 conductors this year. They also are looking to hire track department guys also.

I saw track worker on there for a day and it was taken off soon after. I’m not sure conductor is the route I would want to go, from some of the people I have talked to it seems like an inconsistent job.

My uncle works there. He worked the day after christmas and told me what he made for JUST that day. I need to apply there!

Was going to say what Jay said, I saw 90 conductor jobs available when I looked last week. I’ve also heard track worker jobs will be opening up along with a few in my department. I love my 7A-3P + OT hours, seems they are one of the few “good” shifts. Although, I wouldn’t mind working 2nd shift(which sometimes happens when I work a double with OT).

CSX loves giving away their money, I just keep my hands out and pockets open :lol Like 97cavy said, I worked the past two days(observation of NYE + NYD) as well as Thanksgiving & Black Friday(considered a holiday haha) and made what I make in a week in those two days plus my other 3 normal work days. I’ve never heard of double-time and a half until working here, but I’m not complaining.

To what PJB is saying, I’m not even going to repeat what everyone else has already said about starting at the bottom. I’ve been at CSX for about 5 months now, had Mondays & Tuesdays as my weekends(so I worked Wed-Sun) and was at the bottom of the barrel for seniority to start out. I will soon have 5 or 6 guys under me and as of a month or so ago I bid for a Friday/Saturday weekend job and got it. That’s only after a few months. You’ve got to start somewhere. I could give a shit what days I have off, as long as I get a rest day somewhere in the week.

Im gonna keep looking everyday… I’ll be shootin for track worker.

Just looked on their website. Track worker and conductor bids are there. Track workers entail ALOT of travel. Conductor jobs you work crazy hours. Joey’s job is probably the most consistent hourly job but is also not the highest paying either. A lot more money to be made being a conductor.