NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

At the numbers being thrown around for names, I could care less the Sabres haven’t been throwing money every which way.

Darcy looked like a genius after the lockout with the team they assembled, and in a year or two when everyone is in a gutter with NO money because they inked a defensemen to 50+ million dollar 8 year deals, the sabres will be ahead again.

The NHL market is effed and there’s no way they can support those salaries.

And keep Max, put him on a good line, and let him show what he can do when he has other talent around him.

Only FA move that I would like to see is for a physical player to be acquired.

pens got 18-19mil to play with. still need to sign fluery, and about 5 wingers.

9:18AM Tampa Bay Lightning re-sign RFA forward Ryan Craig to a two-year deal.

11:13AM Carolina Hurricanes sign UFA defenceman Josef Melichar to a one-year contract worth $1 million.

10:20AM Tampa Bay Lightning re-sign RFA defenceman Janne Niskala, to a one-year deal.

11:46AM Carolina Hurricanes sign RFA defenceman Joni Pitkanen to a three-year contract worth $12 million.

lol do u work?

eh, here and there lol. its our slow time at the moment, so i do alot of surfing when i can.

but our busy months are coming up quick, so i gotta take advantage :slight_smile:

oh god…another cup to Detroit next year?

Are you serious??? Must be nice.

wtf , I honestly cant stand the red wings anymore. If they win one more fucking cup, im going to lose it lol.They have enough talent as it is.

wow, impressive

If brooks orpik isnt on our roster by the end of the day, im going to launch regier into oncoming traffic.

wow philadelphia has been quite busy.

Signings: F Jeff Carter (3-year, $15 million contract), D Steve Eminger (one-year contract), D Ossi Vaananen (1-year, $1 million), F Glen Metropolit (2-years), Nate Raduns (1-year)

Trades:
Acquired defenceman Danny Syvret from the Edmonton Oilers for centre Ryan Potulny

acquired a 2008 seventh-round pick and a 2009 conditional fourth-round pick from the Tampa Bay Lightning for the rights to left wing Vaclav Prospal

acquired 2008 first- and third-round picks from the Columbus Blue Jackets for centre R.J. Umberger and a 2008 fourth-round pick

acquired defenceman Steve Eminger and a 2008 third-round pick from the Washington Capitals for a 2008 first-round pick

acquired defenceman Janne Niskala from the Nashville Predators for left wing Triston Grant and a 2009 seventh-round pick

acquired Patrik Hersely and Ned Lukacevic from the L.A. Kings for Denis Gauthier and a 2nd round pick.

1:00PM Calgary Flames sign UFA defenceman Jim Vandermeer (undisclosed) and UFA forward Curtis Glencross (undisclosed).
12:45PM Vancouver Canucks sign UFA goaltender Curtis Sanford. (Undisclosed)

i hope you were joking cus if you were serious, you dont know anything about hockey

obviously now hossa wont go there but he wansnt going to anyways

there you go Jay :tup:

lmao what you mean there you go :stuck_out_tongue: they had him last year, THEY NEED SOME WINGERS DAMNIT lol

wow.

datsyuk, zetterberg, lydstrom, hossa, rafalski… are you serious?

they are going to be even more ridiculous offensively.

Why? Because their management doesn’t suck monkey balls? Everyone has the same cap to spend to, it just happens that Detroit isn’t stupid with their money. I have to respect Detroit for being as consistantly good as they are year after year in a free agency market with a salary cap.