NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

Yeap and when miller makes more then 2 million this statement should go up in bright lights.

Average players deserve average money.

wow, wayyyy too much money, i wish we could have kept him but at that price, fuck it.

thats 3.9 over 3 years, not 3.9 per year.

not sure if that changes your opinion, lol.

Atlanta Thrashers sign UFA defenceman Ron Hainsey to a five-year, $22.5 million contract. mutha fucka… we better grab orpik now. we dont have many good options left.

There’s always Rob Schnoz, er I mean Blake. :puke:

maybe they will pull orpik out.

but,

probably not.

Darcy basically flat out said they arent going to pursue him because he’ll be too much $

well, why hasn’t he signed somewhere?

there are probably a few likely reasons:

1. he and his agent have ovestimated his market/fair value, and they are rejecting offers that are probably as good as they will get.

2. he is trying to work out a deal with pittsburgh still.

3. he has fielded multiple high offers and is having trouble deciding where he wants to play.

i think scenarios 1 and 2 are more likely than 3.

last i heard was he really wants to stay in Pittsburgh and they’re trying to work something out.

level of truth, I’m not sure, but thats all the buzz i’ve heard today

5:16PM Dallas Stars sign RFA forward B.J. Crombeen (1-year, undisclosed).
5:01PM Colorado Avalanche re-sign RFA forward Wojtek Wolski (2-years, undisclosed).
4:58PM Pittsburgh Penguins sign UFA defenceman Brooks Orpik to a six-year, $22.5 million contract. — Mutha Fucka!
4:41PM Minnesota Wild re-sign RFA defenceman Kurtis Foster (undisclosed).

FUCK

pitt signs orpik to a 3.75 mill/season contract…wtf…darcy wasn’t shopping this year at all, plain and simple…he went in looking for a backup goalie and thats it…

thats not a bad price either. 3.75 mil a yr seems cheap compared to what other D were getting. DAMMIT

Exactly, we could have scooped him up for cheap, and put him to good use.Another Awesome free agency run by regier and buffalo!!!

shit, that trade the rangers made… zherdev could score alot of goals with a supporting cast around him

Darcy snoozes and loses like always

i think darcy likes to focus on young naive talent to “mold” instead of something proven. sometimes it pays off some time it dosen’t but if thats the game hes playing they better lock up our rfas and ufas well minus teppo anyway i dont see him playing through a full season.

woooot orpiks back. and for a pretty legit price.

and i missed that on rutuu, i would have kept him for that much, wish we would have too.

lol nope… absolutely nothing