NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

god please no. bring back Morozov before jagr fuck.

<-Fbodymadnezz

2yrs 20mill is RETARDED.

when the current CBA expires, this league is DEFINITELY headed to another lockout. i have no problem with the salary cap itself, as much of the increase is due to the weakening of the USD against the CAD, but there needs to be better control over maximum individual player salaries in proportion to the cap. a lot of teams will find themselves strapped with having to buy players out of long term guaranteed deals, which will greatly decrease operating profits.

right now we are in the “ooohh i want to buy a shiny new big house for more than i can afford!!!11!!” stage. soon enough we will be in the “Waaaahhhh waaahhhH!11 i cant make my house payment anymore!!1!!!1” stage. :bloated:

couldnt agree more. these salaries are just getting outragous

agreed as well. this is just getting retarded.

look at NFL salaries. bigger sport popularity wise but still. jesus.

and as far as jagr goes at least shero has a plan B if we cant land hossa. we need wingers. were set for the next 5-7 years with centers.

Kolzig to Tampa

sportsnet says Pens have made an offer to Jagr. no numbers yet

Washington signs UFA G Jose Theodore to a 2 year deal (undisclosed)

Phoenix signs UFA D Kurt Sauer to a 4 year deal (undisclosed)

Colorado signs UFA G Andrew Raycroft to a 1 year deal (undisclosed)

right, and there is a reason why nfl owners are squirming right now under their current CBA. they gave away too much of the pie (total revenue) to players’ salaries, and now with the economic downturn and difficult financing for new stadiums, despite increasing popularity, they are probably going to opt out if the players union rejects a modified cba…

sorry to get off topic…

Buffalo signs UFA G Danny Gare to a 2 year deal (undisclosed)

oh boy

Who are some big names this year?

i.e. last years briere, drury, gomez

:lol:

nothing really big has happened yet

:biglaugh:

:bigclap:

haha

wonderful news :slight_smile:

who the hell is danny gare?

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/eric/gare.gif

wow srsly?