NHL Hockey!!!1!

Great game…Miller looked solid…afinegenov and vanek looked great and should make up for the loss of Satan just fine. So much for the NHL trying to create a steady flow to the game and open it up. How can you open up a high tempo game when their is a penalty every 3-5 minutes??? PowerPlay defenseman are going to be key…lol Brian Campbell=Norris Trophy Winner

looked pretty open to me with less skaters on the rink :shrug:

joe, no need for tickets since ive got my seasons…but you can buy me a beer at the first playoff game…or i’ll buy you one if they don’t :eekdance:

RECAP:

Defense :tif: Lydman looked confident at times, and at others not…cost us two goals…campbell looked SOLID, so did mckee…the others were so-so

Forwards: holy jesus…briere/dumont/vanek are going to score so many fucking goals this year its going to be unheard of…plus drury centering afinogenov looks promising too…

Goaltending: miller let in a few softies…and that zhitnik goal was beyond bs…bottom line is that miller looked weak…he needs to improve if he wants to stay the starter…

Special Teams: HOLY FUCK WE HAVE A POWER PLAY…unheard of in the past ten fucking seasons…seriously…holy shit…they moved the puck…they shot the puck…THEY HIT THE NET…dipietro came up huge on some saves…but buffalos PP is going to be killer this year

all in all…promising start…goaltending needs to sharpen a touch, unless winning a game and letting in four goals turns into the norm for this “new” nhl (which it might :mamoru:)…me and lindy had some words about the game at brennans…definitely a promising start. i heartily predict an above .500 season :tup:

Give them a break they have not been able to play real hockey in years and have all that pent up aggression.

The Sabres game last night reminded me how much fun it was just to watch hockey again.

I’m just bummed. I don’t have Adelphia TV, and am not getting the Sabres games on TV at this point.

there will be a deal between directv and MSG soon, they told me a week or so b4 its all set.

fucking awesome game, the new NHL rules speed the game up a lot. whole lot of shots on goal, and we got little 1:7 scale stanley cups that the crowd had to gut one another for :biglaugh:

ahhh it was nice watching the vancouver game, naslund-morrison-bertuzzi look like they’ll be back to their old form again :smiley:

them winning the division last year was a fluke. colorado wont let that happen again

nope, another division win, not by much, but 1st nonetheless :slight_smile:

edit this was adictd2b00st posting from work DENI LOG OUT :stuck_out_tongue:

as we watched the islanders on the powerplay with Satan and Zhitnik, two guys behind me were talking and i heard “hmm, looks like the islanders just picked up our old problems…oops” :lol:

good game, should have been 6-2, but two lucky goals ( one fluke, one deflection) made it a good game. sabres looked pretty good IMO.

:eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance: :eekdance:

did anyone else laugh whenever zhitnik fired it high and wide? :slight_smile: