Not bashing the other Travis, but...

Jesse, I’ll be attending one of these this year with my buddy in the GT-R.

June 19th NJMP Lightning Course HPDE
Open Track

I’d get one but I have insurance on the car whenever it moves out of my driveway and the thought of collecting insurance money from the burned up car > wasting $ on an extinguisher :lol

For the smaller non-totallable fires I may or may not encounter, my bottle of poland spring should work just fine.

im not worried about any type of fire occuring. all my wiring is legit, oem for that matter, proper shielding is in place. and my car doesnt leak anything. if some how something happens, thats why i have Allstate.

I probably should get an extinguisher… Bla, Travelers FTW.

I love wine and cheese

I always roll with a fire extinguisher. Although I don’t think it would help a lot with a fire like what took out travis’ STI. My biggest fear is a fuel leak at 80psi+

:thumbup

if i even had a bottle of water i could have doused it enough to save the car. hell, if i had to piss i coulda put it out.

Or you could have just had the proper insurance on the car and not have had to worry about a thing. :lol

i did have insurance on the car. e-surance said since the car was modified they would not cover it.

Damn thats crazy. How did they even know it was modified?

Something you should look into before buying insurance… :facepalm

isnt it kidde? cuz “kiddie” is somethin else :excited

the abnormally large turbo, intercooler and 3" exhaust with no cats was a pretty good give-away.

The turbo was a stock placement and not that much bigger than the stock housing. its not like u had a rotated mount on there.

:rockon

Kick ass. You’ll be hooked. I’m away racing that weekend or else I had planned to be at NJMP w/ PCA.

Didnt forget about you re: alignment - will let you know soon.

Word. Thanks!!!

Gay. Did they prove that the modifications caused the fire, or did they just say “oh the cars modded… we wont cover it”

I hope you have appraised value on that car then.

Anyone not willing to carry a fire extinguisher in a modified car is ignorant to their safety and more importantly the safety of their surroundings.

Yea, I do now.

I’m going to pick one up anyways.