NOT the ring of death!

Yea lead free solder cannot be used like leaded. If they didn’t alter the process then…whoops! BGA is a very dense package which is why I’m amazed that a homebrew reflow actually works. Its very easy to float the part and bridge the solder.

So, sort of OT question…
Does anyone know of any confirmed falcon boxes rrod’ing?
Someone posted a video of a supposed falcon with the d2rl
but there was no proof it was a falcon and it was sitting on carpet… :bloat:
Plus people were getting d2rl before the falcon came out.
So far I can’t find any confirmed falcons with issues.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:4,topic:39964"”]

lol, just had mine in for service, my mb was too warped and they couldent fix it, had to buy another.

good luck

[/quote]

wait… You have to buy another one even though yours was working when you sent it to them???

yeah, they offered me a refund or pay 50 bucks for another one, so i took it. It wasnt really working correctly tho rob

[quote=“BuickGN,post:24,topic:39964"”]

yeah, they offered me a refund or pay 50 bucks for another one, so i took it. It wasnt really working correctly tho rob

[/quote]

true well hopefully you get a samsung drive

all taken care of, i told them i wanted one, they said no problem, im all set.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:24,topic:39964"”]

[/quote]

excellent see you on cod soon.

lol yeah
tues it will be here

so im getting the dirty disc error and the whit screen that says to put the dvd in a player. im assuming that the red ring of death is on the way. is there anything i can do to stop it before it happens or would it be easier just to wait it out and send it in when it happens?

[quote=“bobbyg1243,post:29,topic:39964"”]

so im getting the dirty disc error and the whit screen that says to put the dvd in a player. im assuming that the red ring of death is on the way. is there anything i can do to stop it before it happens or would it be easier just to wait it out and send it in when it happens?

[/quote]

that exactly what happened to me, it go progressively worse over a few months then the ring of death- just wait it out send it in

my friends did it a couple of weeks back and he sent it in they said like 3-4 weeks, but it took a week and a half. They also sent him a new unit since his couldnt be repair free of charge.

SON OF A BITCH BASTARDS… i searched high and low to make sure the xbox i bought was a falcon and not even one fucking year later, surprise! RROD… fucking micro$oft. :hang:

its not too late to get a ps3.

:word:

agreed.

if purchased from best buy… they can ship it out… i had a new one in about a week

fuck all that noise. i’m hoping mine red rings within the next year. i have a newer one so it probably won’t. i have the replacement plan on it though, so when that bitch goes i get a brand new one.

i have had mine since they came out and it i do not have a warrenty anymore i dont think. i leave mine standing up it seems to work better

i got RRoD about a week ago, it’s out for repair right now… Thanksfully it was covered under warranty since they extended it to 3 years. Mine is up next month haha.

son of a bitch… i thought they upped the warranty… fucking retard on the phone said my warranty expired 1/12/09… my xbox isnt even a year old yet… i hate their customer service more than fucking sprint… thats a lot of hate.:retard: